Eagle Scout Letter

Discussion in 'General Hi-Point Discussion' started by standerson, Feb 27, 2015.

1. standerson

standerson Member

Our son owns a Hi-Point and just finished his Eagle Scout Requirements. He would like to receive a letter from Hi-Point on his achievement.

I've tried called Hi-Point but this is obviously something new for them. Does anyone have a email address or good phone number for someone in Hi-Point that has the ability to make this happen?

Thanks.

2. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the forum.
    We are an independent forum and not owned or otherwise associated with HP.
    Out of curiosity, what would he need the letter for?

3. SteveC

SteveC Member

WV
    Thinking it's a want thing, not a need thing. Still, curious about why Hi-Point.

4. Congrats to your son, (and parents) - a great achievement. My eagle ceremony was july, 1983. Can't help much, try e-mail and hope the message gets passed up the ladder - you never know.. :)

5. standerson

standerson Member

Why Hi-Point? It's the first firearm he's "owned".

Yes, it's a want thing. Getting Eagle Scout is no small feat. Pres Bush, S&W, Henry Rifles, FoMoCo, Chrysler, GM, Mike Rowe, etc all are sending him letters.

This would just be a nice touch.

6. SWAGA

Ok...I left the scouts looooong time ago.
    Refresh my memory as to how this goes.
    Making eagle gets you letters why and how?

7. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Pretty much just someone saying "congrats, man." It's a difficult accomplishment and a lot of folks/businesses like to encourage scouting and give attaboys.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

8. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

I found your old handbook.....[​IMG]
    I see why you were confused.... The pioneers were a little different...

9. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Actually Swaga, HP now pimps out our forum as the go-to place to learn anything and everything about HP firearms. They even have a direct link to us on their 'About Hi-Point' page. It's been there for a while now actually.

10. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Talk to MachoMelvin. He seems to be on talking terms with the higher-ups there.

11. standerson

standerson Member

Thanks for the input. Cool thing is our daughter just completed her Silver Award in Venture Scouts (Eagle Equivalent) .

12. standerson

standerson Member

How do I find him? Didn't see any search feature. Thanks.

13. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    It's funny how things are. In my High School in Oregon, 250 graduates, 2 of us were Eagle Scouts, they made a big deal of it.

Only 5% of Scouts earn it.

Here in rural Utah, it's higher, but it's still pretty special.

Standerson, tell your boy there's a guy in Utah with a handshake for him.

As for the letter, if you keep trying to call HP, chances are you can talk to the owners wife directly. Unless she has retired from answering phones?

Or just email them at

[email protected]

14. Bull

True dat Ajole..... I got as far as star, my dad wasn't involved, and it got hard from there.... I think it's very big deal.... And a great accomplishment.

15. Bull

My heartfelt congratulations to both your kids..... They should be almost as proud as you!..... Glad to see kids invested in scouts still, gives me hope for the future.

16. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Didn't notice that!

Excellent!

17. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    Congratulations to your son on the achievement! It's a good thing that he has that Hi Point. If some foreign invader ever ends up looking for "members of the elite paramilitary organization 'Eagle Scout'" he may need it.:p

18. Bull

Nice Red Dawn reference!

19. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    It's my favorite movie of all time. It symbolizes all that is good in REAL Americans and America.

20. SWAGA

Back row right hand side, I'm the one with the 1000 yard stare.....Mr Bull....

[​IMG]