Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How about making the front sight base a little slimmer so the bolt can be removed without taking the front site off the barrel.
the bolt opening is about .785 and the sight base is .802. so take half of that off each side, there would be no down side to this, it would not weaken anything and make cleaning easier.
I did file mine and it works like a charm.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
take a pic of what? i hit each side 20 passes then tried to slip sight through bolt then another 20 passes ech side and so on. once it went through i did another 10 each side to allow for paint when i get to it.

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
Finally SOMEONE has a good idea
Hmmm. Innovative? Practical? Economical? Significant benefit?

Yep on all the above. Consequently, it doesn't fit the general theme here. So, back to our regularly scheduled programming:

I want my (pick one)

* BMG .50 -- OR -- .22 LR -- OR -- {pick one}
* Cali Legal
* Multi-stack mag -- OR -- Standard mag (Glock or other)
* Shotgun / revolver

In short: while I thing this particular suggestion DOES have merit, do we need a sticky about what NOT to post here?

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so in other words you rather circle jerk about things that will never happen verses things that hi-point could do or incorperate and make happen?
it is the "Hi-Point Suggestion Zone" right?
Think the folks at Hi-Point can make improvements with their product? Have Suggestions, Let it be known here! (Hey you never know who may be reading!)

·
Premium Member
36,066 Posts
Dude, I think that was a joke! Well, I hope it was.... :cantlook:
Good idea for the sight!

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
dude, joking. sarcasm. he was just pointing out that most of this section of the forum is filled with posts suggestion either the impossible, or the ridiculous....and out of nowhere a noob breaks out with a great idea.

congrats man, you actually contributed to the forum with something useful, LOL.

wicked

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
Finally SOMEONE has a good idea
Hmmm. Innovative? Practical? Economical? Significant benefit?

Yep on all the above. Consequently, it doesn't fit the general theme here. So, back to our regularly scheduled programming:

I want my (pick one)

* BMG .50 -- OR -- .22 LR -- OR -- {pick one}
* Cali Legal
* Multi-stack mag -- OR -- Standard mag (Glock or other)
* Shotgun / revolver

In short: while I thing this particular suggestion DOES have merit, do we need a sticky about what NOT to post here?
we already do. its the top ten stupidest sticky at the top.

SW

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i'm not so sure...after readings some of the qustions that posted on this forum and some of the ideas that they think hi-point should made. For the most part hi-point firearms, or at least the handguns seems to be a beginners gun becuase of the price point.

·
Banned
4,095 Posts
finishman2000 Believe me this is a sensational idea. And we are by no meas picking on ya. I started the BMG 50 posts cause I was getting tired of the nsame old thing as stated above different mag different calibers ect . BUT you got a great idea!!!

·
Premium Member
4,766 Posts
I put mine on the belt sander to keep the side parallel. It came out with an ultra smooth finish.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Dang, I came up w/t same idea, but figured I'd do a search first. Just got a Gen 2 995 and thought why have to remove the sight base. The difference between my sight base and slide is only about .010 so figured to shave about .007 off each side for clearance then reparkerize the base.

·
Premium Member
6,913 Posts
Dang, I came up w/t same idea, but figured I'd do a search first. Just got a Gen 2 995 and thought why have to remove the sight base. The difference between my sight base and slide is only about .010 so figured to shave about .007 off each side for clearance then reparkerize the base.
Did you notice the dates above. Thread is 11 years old. Doubt they can hear you. :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yeah, I know the thread is old, but the info may be new to some and still valid. I wonder if HP ever made a change or if people are still pulling their front sights off?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts