Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't want to wait on a grip in the mail so I racked my brain for a compromise. For $2.50 you can buy a "What-a-grip" at Wally World. It's a replacement grip for tennis rackets and has a little stickiness to it. I slid it over the grip of my C-9, marked it, removed and cut it to size then slipped it back on. It looks pretty good and provides much more grip. I haven't shot with it on yet but will be in a couple of hours. It will probably slide a little bit but is easily moved and definitely worth the money.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry, this was my first post. Thanks for the constructive criticism. I'm trying to get ready for my second year of medical school on Monday. I thought that "wally world," "tennis racket," "what-a-grip," and "cut to fit" could be pieced together to figure it out. I'll get an extremely important pic up later.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Sorry, this was my first post. Thanks for the constructive criticism. I'm trying to get ready for my second year of medical school on Monday. I thought that "wally world," "tennis racket," "what-a-grip," and "cut to fit" could be pieced together to figure it out. I'll get an extremely important pic up later.
Don't worry about it man...everyone knows that med school screws with the brain!

·
Registered
708 Posts
One of my last posts had a few pics with my pistol with that stuff on it.. Believe it or not.. it works!

·
Registered
708 Posts
It's pretty cool.. My only complaint is that you got ahold of the one piece stuff apparently.. I could've only found the tape grip.. but it still works beautifully.

·
Banned
401 Posts
Good Idea, although I only paid about $5.00 for my houge at a local gun shop..

Dp

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had a couple innertubes laying around so I decided to try adding some grip to my 45ACP. One of the tubes already had ridges on it so I decided to make use of them....Here is a pic of how my first try turned out....With a little more razor blade finess I think I could make it look better. ^-^

Attachments

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Just picked up some "what a grip" $2.46+tax. It seems pretty nice. Found it right next to the grip tape in the middle of the tennis racket display.

Here's a pic of the package for those of you not able to locate it, maybe it will help, if you're simply overlooking it.

I just put mine on the gun and trimmed it on the gun (I smoothed out those wrinkles). There's enough for two guns in the pack.

Edit: pics added

1 - 17 of 17 Posts