Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

Easy Minimum legal minimum overall length for 995ts

5K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  lcback 
#1 · (Edited)
I was doing some measuring and found out that the furthest edge of the second column in the stock of the 995 (measured from the front edge of the iron sight, not the muzzle) came out to just over 26 1/2 inches... plus the 1/3 of an inch from the iron sight to the muzzle too. Input device Revolver Gas Electric blue Machine

So with some good work on the polymer for looks the stock would have enough surface to comfortably shoulder it looks like, and would be more compact. the stock on the 995 i notice is awkwardly long from the rest of the gun in my opinion. I might buy another stock just to try this and see if it actually works. Tell me what you guys think.. I think the 995 in a more compact package is better, not a big fan of the recoil "reduction" stock on a pistol caliber anyways

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
So, your gonna shorten it by cutting out a section at the red mark? Or am I missing something? Sounds interesting. Surely post a pic when your done.

#6 ·
Ill have to wait till I get a new stock because I don't want to screw something up.. Folder seems like too much work for a 995. It appears as that "bone" of the skeleton stock would be bigger than the stocks on some ARs ive seen. The carbine is about 30 inches so its taking off about 3... still I think once its finished It will look good. A lot of people say the 995ts is ugly but i think if you cover up the buttstock it looks like a decent gun... the buttstock is disproportionately long in my opinion. I will post when I get a new stock.

#7 ·
As far as I know several have succesfully made a HP folder carbine.....Cic being one of them.

#8 ·

Attachments

#9 ·
Id rather buy a new carbine to dedicate it to a folder... plus for a home defense gun Im not a big fan of folding stocks... look at the time it took for the secret service agent with the UZI in reagan's assasination attempt to deploy the stock. It probably is a great setup. Also cutting and finishing that 3 inches off the end of the stock is a lot less work.

#11 ·
Id rather buy a new carbine to dedicate it to a folder... plus for a home defense gun Im not a big fan of folding stocks... look at the time it took for the secret service agent with the UZI in reagan's assasination attempt to deploy the stock. It probably is a great setup. Also cutting and finishing that 3 inches off the end of the stock is a lot less work.
Yea, the extra maneuverability of the stock being folded would have no benefit in close quarters like home defense. You don't need to open the stock, that's perhaps the GREATEST advantage of a folding stock.

#12 ·
Why do you think that? It's perfect for it.
Pictures didn't come along for the ride in the quote, but the more I look at your folder the more I think you should cut the barrel down to 16", spin its diameter down along its length for all but the last 2" closet to the stock, thread the last 2", machine ports into the rest of the barrel, and then make it integrally suppressed with a chambered barrel sleeve! That would be the Hi Point from hell for CQB; short, quiet, and compact. :):D With 165gr subsonic rounds that baby would be mouse fart quiet. ;)

#13 ·
Pictures didn't come along for the ride in the quote, but the more I look at your folder the more I think you should cut the barrel down to 16", spin its diameter down along its length for all but the last 2" closet to the stock, thread the last 2", machine ports into the rest of the barrel, and then make it integrally suppressed with a chambered barrel sleeve! That would be the Hi Point from hell for CQB; short, quiet, and compact. :):D With 165gr subsonic rounds that baby would be mouse fart quiet. ;)
Suppressors are illegal in Vermont. Go figure? I can park a tank in my front yard with a full auto .50 cal mounted on it but I can't have a quiet .22lr.

#14 ·
Yea, the extra maneuverability of the stock being folded would have no benefit in close quarters like home defense. You don't need to open the stock, that's perhaps the GREATEST advantage of a folding stock.
In defense of life, I will aim in the high chest area and be as accurate and fast as possible. running around with the stock folded on the right side of the gun where my hand is going in a stressful situation is not going to help accuracy or stability at all. Also having the gun to your shoulder while MOVING which is one of the key components of stopping a threat to your life from another person. Also having the stock to your shoulder will greatly improve accuracy while moving.. in close quarters you can still very easily miss a target in the dark when you are tired disoriented from maybe gunshots or if someone is hitting you.

#16 · (Edited)
I was doing some measuring and found out that the furthest edge of the second column in the stock of the 995 (measured from the front edge of the iron sight, not the muzzle) came out to just over 26 1/2 inches... plus the 1/3 of an inch from the iron sight to the muzzle too. View attachment 24134

So with some good work on the polymer for looks the stock would have enough surface to comfortably shoulder it looks like, and would be more compact. the stock on the 995 i notice is awkwardly long from the rest of the gun in my opinion. I might buy another stock just to try this and see if it actually works. Tell me what you guys think.. I think the 995 in a more compact package is better, not a big fan of the recoil "reduction" stock on a pistol caliber anyways
Dont know exactlly what u have in mind but this is my 4095 mod....26.5 in. overall.

Attachments

#21 ·
....best to just provide the link, we've got members that will report your post if you dare suggest they put forth any effort and search themselves.
Not to mention ADD is rampant here so without pictures we'll just go back to chasing butterflies.......again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.