EDC Belts

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by john39, Nov 24, 2020.

1. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Ya you still pissy about that

2. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Never was. Still think you're a dumbass for not checking who was getting what message when you're going to be talking shit about somebody.

moona11 likes this.

3. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

So what is it that I did that you should have done?
    John39’s account is still active.
    That wasn’t a question he posted it was a cut and paste.
    You know that, I know that.
    Take care of it already will ya?
    [​IMG]

4. Rachgier

Take care of what, exactly? An active, US-based account, operated by a human, using the same VPN the parent companies of this forum use, copying and pasting identical content across multiple forums THAT THE PARENT COMPANIES OWN... Guess what genius? Remember those TOS/TOU I rail on about everybody needing to read? The ones that say the owners of this forum have the right to reproduce and redistribute any and all content posted on their forums at their discretion, regardless of any copyright a user might have on said material? Just by signing up you agree to all that and a whole lot more, plus giving them permission to terminate your control over your user account, and take it over to do with as they wish, up to and including banning you from participating in any and all of their forums for no reason what so ever.

So in conclusion, shove it.

Rerun and FlashBang like this.
  5. SWAGA

So it’s a CMG account cross posting to get their clicks up did I read that correctly?
    Didn’t we have a Evil Overlord liaison who got canned for that?

[​IMG]

6. Rachgier

God damn, dude. Do I really have to repeat myself? Leave it alone, or go away. Those are your options. CMG no longer owns CMG. They've been bought out. As soon as the new parent company took over, this stuff started happening....

7. SWAGA

Homesteading Today is a forum and community dedicated to, predictably, homesteading. But amongst the conversations around subsistence farming, alternate energy sources and crafting, the group forum found itself at the heart of a copyright and plagiarism controversy.

The issue began when a user named “willow_girl” noticed that posts she had written were appearing on another site, Cattle Forum, under the name “Alice”. After some investigation it was revealed that Cattle Forum was owned by Carbon Media Group (CMG), which had also recently purchased Homesteading Today.

It turned out that CMG, or at least one of its employees and administrators of Homesteading Today, was using RSS to take posts from various forums at Homesteading Today and automatically populate them on other, less-active forums the company runs.

Understandably outraged, the community demanded an apology from the company and it got one from Hyaat Chaudhary, the CEO of CMG. However, that apology was so tone deaf, spending as much time trying to claim CMG was a genuine part of the homesteading community as actually apologizing, that it did little to quell the flame.

https://plagiarismtoday.com/2015/03/26/when-forums-break-their-users-trust/

8. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Nice come back, SWAGS....

Not that it applies to this situation.

Or.....does it?

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
  9. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    So you would like an empty apology?

RandyB likes this.
  10. Rachgier

It also got him suspended for two weeks. Read the TOS/TOU. Just by signing up you gave them permission to do it.

11. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Saw that coming like a mobile home down a dusty desert road.

FlashBang and RandyB like this.
  12. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    It's all good. I'm on a 30 day rip from Survivalist because I actually said, in my post, that it was NOT the thing I knew they were going to object to, and explained why it wasn't.

Their response: "You have been banned for the following reason: When a moderator reminds you of the rules, you don't tell them to knock it off."

Well, Survivalist asshats...No one reminded me of the rules, and I DIDN'T tell anyone to knock it off, I told anyone that read the post, politely, (no really, I was polite) what I was actually trying to do and say, and how it was NOT the thing the mods were likely going to gripe about. SO I guess they had to find something else to whine about.

Silly me. Any guess what I'm likely to do if I go back? I'm not even sure I'll remember what they were being stupid about; so I haven't got a clue, either.

fatal-bert33 likes this.
  13. Rachgier

He wanted to get suspended. It's the only thing I can think of. He ignored multiple warnings, ignored the fact that the rules literally give them permission to do this, and ignored the fact that CMG isn't even owned by CMG anymore.

fatal-bert33 likes this.
  14. fatal-bert33

fatal-bert33 Member

If the moderators here were that touchy there wouldnt be anyone left here....lol !!!

ajole and moona11 like this.
  15. I love this forum.
    But, I have always been easily amused.

undeRGRound likes this.