EDC/GHB Blah blah

Discussion in 'Survival Zone' started by shubbell, Jul 15, 2014.

1. shubbell

shubbell Member

Pretty sure everything has been covered on the what ifs? How about reality? My job takes me many hours and miles away from home, sometimes days to weeks, so I have to take that into consideration. Does anyone else? I do not carry my AR or any other bad ass long guns. I also "typically" do not carry my favored side arm as I wear a tie frequently and have to tuck. I do however carry daily(modified sub-compact) and also carry a bag daily (with take down "long-arm" for over nights). Ideally I would share mags between my carry and bag. I could actually do this in most situations. I prefer not to. I like my "deep" concealment. I like the gray man approach to SHTF. I do not want a bullseye on me. I want to get home to my family and my other "stuff" that my family more than likely already has deployed.

As this is a survival discussion....thoughts? Bazookas, RPG's excluded.

2. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    I carry my P3AT anywhere, it can fit in front or hip pocket, even in dress slacks. I could carry my new XD SC, I have a holster that allows one to tuck in a dress shirt, like a K-Holster or Alienware. I forget the name, but it's from Texas. Haven't used it yet, gotta give it some trial runs.

Most briefcases or computer back packs or attaché type cases could easily hide a full size pistol. I've done that.

I keep a JHP or a 1911 in the truck in a little safe, for times when I feel like I need a more visual display. And I keep a 4595 carbine under the rear seat, because I can.

If I were really paranoid, I could break down the DelTon and pack it in the car in a suitcase or backpack very inconspicuously. But I never have.

3. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

What Ajole said. Either get a pocket gun like the P3AT, P32, TCP738, etc., or get a fairly comfortable larger gun like the PF9 or P11 and a "Tuckable" holster. There are a bazillion companies making tuckable IWB holsters. Find one that appeals to you.

Because I work on Base, I can't CC at work. :(

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

4. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Or move to Texas and open carry an AK at the low ready position...(Ducks)

5. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Still wouldn't let me bring it on Base. :)

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

6. Back2School

Back2School Member

The Navy has bases in TX?

All I know is I was harassed for the entire time I lived outside Ft. Hood that the Army calls theirs "Posts" and no other nomenclature will do. Being from Annapolis I just called all military posts "Bases".

:p

7. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

I work at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base as a DOD Civlian Contractor.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

8. M&P Shield 9 and 40 rotated for EDC. I also rotate in my Glock 42 and M&P Bodyguard occasionally.

9. shubbell

shubbell Member

I have a EDC that I like. With a tuckable holster. So that is not an issue. I also have a gun vault in my wheels, so I may stash my .40 there. I used to haul my 4095 in my pickup, now I drive a corp car, so that is out. I just want to get back home in case SHTF and I do not want to be all tacticool on my way. I do want to get there though, so that is why I was asking. I carry a Max Kodiak everyday that has the option of CCW for a larger handgun, but I prefer to keep my breakdown in it and my sidearm on me. Gray man thing again.

Sent from my iPad using Hi-Point Forum

10. shubbell

shubbell Member

I appreciate the humor. I can open carry here. We have pretty darn good gun laws. I just prefer not to. OC just seems to beg for unwarranted trouble in my opinion....ducks also

Sent from my iPad using Hi-Point Forum