Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This isn't the exact unit, but does anybody have experiece with this type of pest control? I was interested in using a few of these in and around the house. We have a finished basement, but it's a walk-out and the spiders like to collect around the door leading to the yard. Also, we have front and back porches that I'd like to keep the bugs away from. Mainly, I'd like to know if they even work at all. Thanks, guys!!!

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
I've seen those being used, but I haven't ever had a need for one. Sorry buddy, wish I could help you out.

·
Banned
9,253 Posts
Dang I wanted to know about those too. I recently moved into a apartment and am trying to take preemptive measures before any critters strike.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Ya im also in desperate need of something that kill's or runs off insects.$50 to $100
a month just ant cutting it!

·
Banned
3,707 Posts
I'm not sure on these never tried one because we have dogs and a cat and even though they say they aren't harmful if it will drive away mice I have to think its some kind of high frequency outside of our hearing but will maybe bother our pets.

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
They work pretty well. I can't be around them though. I can hear ultra high frequencies due to some ear surgery I had when I was a kid. They drive me nuts! The little keychain mosquito ones are awful to. Makes my head feel like its about to rupture. My parents have a couple, and they have to unplug them whenever I stop by to visit. So long answer....yes, they work. Lol

TT

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
They work pretty well. I can't be around them though. I can hear ultra high frequencies due to some ear surgery I had when I was a kid. They drive me nuts! The little keychain mosquito ones are awful to. Makes my head feel like its about to rupture. My parents have a couple, and they have to unplug them whenever I stop by to visit. So long answer....yes, they work. Lol

TT
Do they actually work at repelling natural pests or just 31 year old son pests :D? I kid, I kid.

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Ohhhhhhhhh! You know, you might be on to something! Lol

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
That was just wrong on so many levels.... ;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
my family used to own one back in the early 90's and for some reason it didn't work. either we have too big of a house or it's colonial all cinder/ cement type of building. It didn't look like that though, it looks like a big 8" cube with speaker cutout holes on the side. There is a voulme setting knob - lowest one you can hear high pitch "beep" on 1 second interval, turn it up some more and you can't hear it.

or maybe it just didn't work on sewer rats...... :cantlook:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts