Email from midway, no thanks

Discussion in 'Caliber Zone' started by Robertl1, May 19, 2015.

1. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont

2. Too bad its only a 2 box limit.:rolleyes:

3. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Come on Robert, those are typical NY prices. You should be happy to pay it. :bang:

I can't wait to be out of this hole.....

4. I'll wait, still sitting on a couple grand ,but I take my son to the range about 2 times a week at about 300 per trip...
    Saw in the paper about 1 % they think actually registered their "assault " rifles.

5. Rachgier

Did you see that the news radio program won their case in court? Now Cuomo and the SP have to release all of their registration data? I'm sure the government will appeal it, but it's a step closer.

For those interested, a radio talk show host submitted dozens of FOIA requests only to be stonewalled by the NYSP. They took it to court and won.

6. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    :D Good for them! How many Assault Rifles are in the hands of NY folks anyway?
    Besides, doesn't NFA already have record of Assault Rifles anyway ;)

7. Well I am north of Syracuse a good bit, a lot. On my ffl transfers they just run the regular check but no info given to anyone on what you have. No database

8. Rachgier

I've spent some time up in Gouverneur, Edwards, and DeGrasse. Bunch of firefighter brothers up that way.

9. SWO1

SWO1 Member

That's really not that bad for RWS. The big Ammo houses have it from $7.50 to $7.62 a box. Champions Choice is $7.50 and I just paid $15 shipping on 2 bricks of Lapua.

10. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

But, were you one of them?

11. Rachgier

I plead the 5th...and the 2nd...

12. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

At least now the BAD guy's will know whose house to rob. They wouldn't want to make that mistake too many times?

13. Did not have to register anything as I do not own any "assault" rifles........

14. Rachgier

Well not really. They did pass a privacy law for most of NY. The state can only release generalized regional data, not specific addresses or names. And that is all reliant on people actually registering. The baddies will have to rely on trial and error as usual.

15. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    I know for a FACT that Rach owns nothing that is listed as an "assault" rifle or anything else on that list.
    1000% sure of this!

Robert, Good Answer! :D
    [​IMG]

16. Rachgier

And, that's where we'll leave it considering NY seems to have legally changed the definition of "assault" when it comes to firearms.

17. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Rifles

[​IMG]

Assault Rifles

[​IMG]

Any Questions?