Emotional Facebook Post From the Eyes of a Cop

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by what_now, May 2, 2015.

1. what_now

what_now Member

http://www.ijreview.com/2015/05/311..._content=conservativedaily&utm_campaign=Crime

"Today, I stopped caring about my fellow man. I stopped caring about my community, my neighbors, and those I serve.
    I stopped caring today because a once noble profession has become despised, hated, distrusted, and mostly unwanted.
    I stopped caring today because parents refuse to teach their kids right from wrong and blame us when they are caught breaking the law. I stopped caring today because parents tell their little kids to be good or “the police will take you away” embedding a fear from year-one. Moms hate us in their schools because we frighten them and remind them of the evil that lurks in the world. They would rather we stay unseen, but close by if needed, but readily available to “fix their kid”.
    I stopped caring today because we work to keep our streets safe from mayhem in the form of reckless, drunk, high, or speeding drivers, only to be hated for it, yet hated even more because we didn’t catch the drunk before he killed someone they may know. Never less, we are just another tool used by government to generate “revenue”.
    I stopped caring today because Liberals hate the police as we carry guns, scare kids, and take away their drugs. We always kill innocent people with unjust violence. We are called bullies for using a taser during a fight, but are condemned further for not first tasing the guy who pulls a gun on us. And if we do have to shoot, we are asked “why didn’t you just shoot the gun out of their hand?” And when one of us is killed by the countless attacks that do happen (but are rarely reported in the mainstream media) the haters say, “It’s just part of the job”.
    I stopped caring today because Conservatives hate us as we are “the Government”. We try to take away their guns, freedoms, and liberty at every turn. We represent a “Police State” where “jackbooted-badge wearing thugs” randomly attack innocent people without cause or concern for constitutional rights. We are Waco, Ruby Ridge, and Rodney King all rolled into one lone police officer stopping to help change an old lady’s tire.
    I stopped caring today as no one wants us around, but instantly demands answers, results, arrests, when a crime takes place. If a crime isn’t solved within the allocated 60 minutes it takes CSI on television, we are inept, incompetent, or covering something up. If we do get “lucky” it was just that and everyone with a Facebook account can post wonderful comments of how “they” would solve the case and how “we” and not nearly as clever.
    I stopped caring today because a video of a cop six states away, from a department that you never heard of, screws up and forgets his oath of honor, thus firing up an internet lynch-mob of cop haters because “we all do the same things” even though 99% of us work twice as hard not to end up in the news and to still be “the good guys”. We are “militarized” because we wear body armor and kevlar helmets when shots are fired or rocks thrown at us and carry scary looking rifles even though everyone knows that they are easier to shoot and are more accurate than a handgun or a shotgun.
    I stopped caring today because the culture of today’s instantly connected youth is only there to take and never give back. To never accept responsibility for ones actions, but to blame everyone else instead of themselves. To ask “what is in it for me?” versus “what can I do for you?” To idolize gangsters, thugs, sexual promiscuous behavior, and criminals over hard work, dedication, and achievement. To argue that getting stoned should be a right, yet getting a job or an education is a hassle. To steal versus earn. To hate versus help.
    Yes, I stopped caring today.
    But tomorrow, I will put my uniform back on and I will care again.
    Written by Lt Daniel Furseth, DeForest, Wisconsin Police Department"

2. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Already shared..... Fantastic letter.

3. Outlaw

Outlaw Supporting Member

The truth hurts. Usually the wrong people.

4. tjulian

tjulian Member

Yeah I saw this some time back. But it is so true.

5. Even though that is actually near ten years old and not originally from the guy this one is, its a great look onto our police officers.

6. ekim

ekim Member

While the letter is accurate up to a point, it is also true that much of what he says is because of to many LEO's refusing to step up and turn in a fellow cop that does cross the line, to many cops help cover things up that are later shown to be untrue with a video that tells the truth, to many cops that think the way the public views cops as being what's wrong in many areas is not reality. This view many people have may be unjust, but it's how many people feel and saying things are not that way isn't helping correct the problem. The idea that just because a law is on the books doesn't mean the cops have to go head over heels to enforce it if it goes against common sense, the Constitution or actually violates someone else's rights, but they do it regardless, like they don't have a brain or prefer not to use it.

7. Personal responsibility for everybody, no matter who it is, or what color. No one should be above the law. Obey the law, and the problems are solved.

8. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

4 simple words: DO NOT RESIST ARREST and nobody gets hurt! Simple concept I know but apparently some people are incapable of understanding that. Even if the cop is in the wrong. Argue it in court with a lawyer then sue them.

9. Not even if being assaulted?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/08/2...ted-accused-committing-sexual-assaults-while/

Don't do the crime, and not expect to do the time, that goes for ALL of us.

10. Bull

11. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    "Arrested" is an entirely different word from "assaulted".

If you are assaulted, you should fight back.

If you are resisting arrest, the cops' action's are not assault unless carried beyond subduing and restraining you.

12. I agree, but a blanket statement that one should never resist, no matter what is foolish. In this case Mosby stated he was unlawfully detained, the arrest was illegal. MAYBE he would still be alive if he gave in, but that does NOT change if the officers broke the law they should receive the same treatment as any other criminal. Just the same as a priest, a football coach, a plumber, a banker, a doctor, a teacher, or any other profession. Break the law, no matter the excuses, go to jail.

13. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

I have the perfect solution to not being harassed by police officers, and actually having a pleasant experience with most of them:
    [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx40udwQvZI[/ame]

14. Bull

True dat!!!.....

15. That advice works for everybody, absolutely everybody. Don't want to play pick up the soap in the gray bar hotel. Don't break GD laws, no sympathy for anyone that does, they deserve what they get.

16. Outlaw

Outlaw Supporting Member

Most folks have no idea what this racial thing is all about. The Cops are just the latest sacrificial lambs in this scenario. Don't think so, just look up and start counting the military helicopters as of late. I have been. Scary sh!t!

17. Back2School

Back2School Member

Another way to avoid issues is to simply not live in the poorer parts of the area. When is the last time you have seen any misconduct in the nice parts of town? Where I live you rarely see an officer unless its State Police trying to get speeders traveling through on I35. There is no need for heavy police coverage. The police are there to do things like take gas to the soccer moms that cant seem to keep their gas tank off of empty.

But, every time I leave Johnson County, I see why there is so much coverage elsewhere. The people are drastically different. They are competing at everything - from needing to be one space ahead of you in stop and go traffic to simply the way they interact with other people. Going back to FL was a major change in culture - if you said "excuse me" if you were in someones way or "I'm sorry" if you bumped someone, people looked at you like you were crazy. I see it every time I cross over into MO. I know there are a lot of good people there ( I am not stereotyping everyone) but the good ones (like Bull) really do seem to be the minority.

18. Bull

Kansas City itself sucks..... Traffic anywhere around it is the same.... I'm about 15 mins east of it. Even towns like Independence used to be decent when I was growing up, but section 8 housing right by the areas they're dropping crap tons of tax payer funded develops men are killing it.... We just finally got our electric turn on policy changed where we don't reconnect anyone after 8pm.... Used to be midnight... And being unarmed and wandering behind slum apartment buildings after dark really sucked....

19. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

20. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Known drug dealer with 9++ arrests, looks at cops, makes eye contact and runs. Now I would have a reasonable suspicion he was carrying drugs and run him down and detain him. Cops had probable cause.