Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

1 - 20 of 316 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well team it finally happened....

Since the Shanghai shivers failed to produce the expected zombies, the trilateral commission of lizard people have decided that to truly conquer humanity additional steps were necessary.... Towards this nefarious purpose they release a new plague upon this world, a targeted nano bot specifically designed to destroy conventional steel and aluminum firearms.

All is not lost however....Fortunately for humanity the legendary prophets of the ring of fire foresaw such a plan years ago, and in their benevolence gifted upon the world the mighty excalibur of this new and frightening world, the mighty zamark SNS pistol (sns=stop nano spread! Do you see now?! Open your eyes, we're through the looking glass people!).

And so you find yourself, alone, a mighty warrior of the resistance destined to save the world from the lizards peoples scaly claws. You have access to any SNS/ROF pistol ever made, what do you choose and why?

What factors influenced your decision? The availability of spare parts (recovered from or fallen brothers, the brotherhood of pimps)? The ability to fabricate entirly new replacement parts from the broken ruble we called world? Caliber availability or interchangeability? Etc.

My only rule is your pick has to be a sns. Basically if you were to depend on a sns without factory support, what would you choose and why?

Also merry Christmas and happy holidays to everyone. As this lame year draws to a close I hope you are able to spend your time with friends and family.

Regards,
Foolsgold39

Amendment: I didn't want say this publicly incase the cable of lizard men were watching, but here are my picks and the reasons why.

Hi point c9. Rugged beyond all get out. Made in merica for extra style points. Chambered in a common useful and versatile cartridge. Simple design to maintain and keep running. Surprisingly excellent ergonomics for my hand. One of the very few sns designs I would feel kinda comfortable rolling with a loaded chamber full time.

Heritage rough rider. 22/22 mag versatility. A robust and very simple design with minimal moving parts. Independence from magizines.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ha! Not sure what trashys on, but I'll take two! Honestly I'm just insanely sleep deprived right now, who needs drugs when you can get this loopy just by not sleeping for a while.

More than anything just a fun way to see what people would choose if they lost factory support for our little zamark gems. What pistols are the most durable, what are the easiest for the individual to work on, etc.

Regards,
Foolsgold39

·
Premium Member
3,086 Posts
What pistols are the most durable, what are the easiest for the individual to work on, et cetera?
I would put my money on Glock pistols for that. Glock pistols are very durable and I hear some Special Forces use them.

In the past I used to own a Glock but I sold it for a pistol that had an external safety. I like the Smith & Wesson Military & Police 2.0 series of handguns but I do not know how durable they are when compared to Glocks.

Reactions: Think1st

·
Administrator
24,380 Posts
Here's the thing though. You keep saying Hi Points are a SNS. I don't agree. Sure they're made from zamak and they're relatively inexpensive, but they're not exactly compact or easily concealable. They're also not chambered in "smaller" calibers either. .32 was considered the cut off for caliber size in the original classification, was it not?

The origin of the SNS laws were based on racism and prejudice. The Army Navy something or other law comes in to mind. Tennessee I think? Outlawed anything but more expensive military pistols to keep blacks and poor whites from owning firearms.

HP's were created to promote the 2nd Amendment and provide the American people, and now Canadians, with a lower cost firearm.

Technically those "perfect" plastic fantastic handgun frames melt at a lower temp than the slide of a HP, plus they're more compact and easier to conceal. On top of that they're used quite often in crimes. So shouldn't Glocks be considered a SNS also?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rachgier,

For me sns is based on a variety of factors. To be very clear though, I dont mean it in a derogatory manner though I know others use it that way. I am very found of all low cost pistols for the reasons you mentioned.

Yes, many of the gun control laws in this country have deep roots in racism and classism, including the melting temp laws. Surprisingly California of all places used to be a mecca of firearms culture not the long ago. Many of Californias rights went away after the black Panthers used there 2cd ammendment rights to open carry. Suddenly no more open carry, etc. Signed when Reagan was governor.

I am actually a huge philosophical fan of hi point exactly because they promote and allow a huge number of people to arm themselves at a low cost. Relatedly pallmato state armory has very deliberately been trying to do the same thing with ar 15s, the modern musket as it were. As someone whos family died in german camps I'm huge believer that being armed is both an inarguable individual right and necessary though lamentable precaution against tyranny. For me there is no I support the second amendment but....

Unrelated but I also really appreciate that both companies produce usa made goods. Wherever I can I buy usa or a friendly ally that doesn't employ slave labour.

Going back to the definition of sns. There very well may be a formal definition for them but I've never looked, instead relying on a more colloquial understanding. For me, a sns is any very low cost non mislurp fire arm primary employing zamark in its construction and a blow back back mechanism. I also tend to default include fire arms that are a mechanical derivatives of other guns that are clearly sns like the raven. The hi point is basically a mega raven.

I'm not saying my definition is the way, just providing context.

Regards,
Foolsgold39

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1024megabytes,

The glock would certainly be my choice if the world was actually ending. It's like the Toyota of the gun world. Parts and accessories are everywhere. Hell, you can now build a 3rd gen glock without a single part from the factory, a remarkable testament to its wide spread adoption.

The design is brilliant in my opinion. Can be completely detailed striped with a nail. Minimal moving parts, and cleverly simple. I once heard that complicated is easy, simple is hard. I agree. (Also a reason I really like a lot of the sns out there)

I carry appendix and very much appreciate that the striker is never fully tensioned like say, a sig 320 (see their drop saftey issues in the recent past. A shame, as the pistols modularity and recent adoption by our armed forces really interest me.). Incidentally, if you do carry a glock appendix I can personally recommend an accessory called the gadget. It replaces your back plate and allows control over the internal striker much as you would have with a hammer fired pistol. Clumsy b#$%&@!$ that I am, i like that i can basically thumb the hammer when re holstering, just like I would with th 1911s and da revolvers I grew up with. (I have zero affiliation with the gadget or the company that makes it, just a fan).

Yes, the glock 19 was selected by soccom some time ago, but my limited understanding of that world is that many of those guys still have a limited amount of discretion with the pistols they employ. For what it's worth I have a few friends on different ninja teams and they all cary a glock 19. I'm not sure which model though, I think I read else where the miltary is using 3rd gen, but I'm not sure.

But, the glock is neither here nor there. Like I said I started this thread trying to find a funny way to see what our gurus consider the most robust or field maintainable sns if factory support or parts kits were no longer available.

Thanks for taking the time to respond. Hope you are having a great Christmas!

Regards,
Foolsgold39.

P.s. I forgot to mention. By all accounts the MP series of pistols is excellent. I know they have passed some very rigours selection process and jerry michilik (I'm sure I just spelled his name wrong, sorry jerry! Your still my hero) seems to like his and run them like their machine pistols (though to be fair, he sponsors by s&w).

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Meant to mention earlier, my girl loves my monkey stock blaster and is very comfortable and confident with it. It is currently sighted in for 25 yards and kept very handy with a red ball magazine in the well, and another mag on the stock. Still searching for wight light for it. Open to suggestions. It's very tricky finding usa made lights at prices I can afford. The best compromise I've found so far between principles, cost and performance is the streamlight polymer series. Made with foreign parts but assembled here.

Like I said, my definition of a sns might or might not be right. But it Carfies no malice and I depend on one pretty hard.

Regards,
Foolsgold39

·
Premium Member
35,649 Posts
If steel and aluminum is destroyed, SNS guns won’t work either. Springs, barrels or barrel liners, many other small parts, are all steel. So, you’re screwed.
Steel cased ammo is kaput as well.

Better get out the long bows with obsidian arrow heads.

·
Administrator
24,380 Posts
If steel and aluminum is destroyed, SNS guns won't work either. Springs, barrels or barrel liners, many other small parts, are all steel. So, you're screwed.
Steel cased ammo is kaput as well.

Better get out the long bows with obsidian arrow heads.
Let's not forget that the 4% aluminum in zamak-3 would be toast as well since its a nanobot attack on aluminum firearms, which means aluminum alloys. Since nanobots are microscopic, they could penetrate the pores in the metal.

Reactions: ajole

·
Administrator
24,380 Posts
Like I said, my definition of a sns might or might not be right. But it Carfies no malice and I depend on one pretty hard.

Regards,
Foolsgold39
Colloquialisms are a little bit like stereotypes. The exist for a reason, but don't always apply.

Here is both the colloquial and legal definition of saturday night specials as per wiki:

A Saturday night special is an inexpensive gun of perceived lesser quality due to poor workmanship or use of inexpensive metals such as zamac[3] or, for reasons relating to gun politics.[2] Although the term implies such a gun is for use in crime, studies show that criminals prefer high-quality guns, in the largest caliber they can easily conceal.[4]

The legal definition of a "junk gun" usually specifies the materials used in its manufacture, targeting zinc castings, low melting points (usually 800 degrees Fahrenheit/427 °C), powder metallurgy, and other low-cost manufacturing techniques. Nearly all guns made this way are chambered for low-pressure cartridges, such as .22 Long Rifle, .25 ACP, and .32 ACP, which allows these techniques to provide sufficient strength and desirable weight while still keeping a low cost. The low-strength materials and cheap construction result in poor durability and marginal accuracy at longer ranges, but as most of these guns are designed for use in self-defense, accuracy and durability are not primary design goals.
So they could be, but they might not be. And when you throw in low cost manufacturing techniques as a qualifier, how many modern polymer frames guns suddenly fall in to the "maybe" category? Ultimately it's a matter of opinion.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dont get me wrong I love the idea of yeeting a lizard person with a handcrafted reproduction of an english long bow. About a hundred pounds at 20 inches sounds good (no matter that I could probably only draw it once lol), with some nice Yellowstone obsidian hand knapped points (obsidian from yellowstone was traded fair in the ancient world). Honstly in real life I pretty much am a luddite caveman. Friction fire is the pinnacle of human technology and agriculture is still a recent experiment lol.

That said, let's assume that the nano bot plan went about as well as the covid zombies. Work with me lol.

Regards,
Foolsgold39

·
Registered
651 Posts
Well team it finally happened....

Since the Shanghai shivers failed to produce the expected zombies, the trilateral commission of lizard people have decided that to truly conquer humanity additional steps were necessary.... Towards this nefarious purpose they release a new plague upon this world, a targeted nano bot specifically designed to destroy conventional steel and aluminum firearms.

All is not lost however....Fortunately for humanity the legendary prophets of the ring of fire foresaw such a plan years ago, and in their benevolence gifted upon the world the mighty excalibur of this new and frightening world, the mighty zamark SNS pistol (sns=stop nano spread! Do you see now?! Open your eyes, we're through the looking glass people!).

And so you find yourself, alone, a mighty warrior of the resistance destined to save the world from the lizards peoples scaly claws. You have access to any SNS/ROF pistol ever made, what do you choose and why?

What factors influenced your decision? The availability of spare parts (recovered from or fallen brothers, the brotherhood of pimps)? The ability to fabricate entirly new replacement parts from the broken ruble we called world? Caliber availability or interchangeability? Etc.

My only rule is your pick has to be a sns. Basically if you were to depend on a sns without factory support, what would you choose and why?

Also merry Christmas and happy holidays to everyone. As this lame year draws to a close I hope you are able to spend your time with friends and family.

Regards,
Foolsgold39

Amendment: I didn't want say this publicly incase the cable of lizard men were watching, but here are my picks and the reasons why.

Hi point c9. Rugged beyond all get out. Made in merica for extra style points. Chambered in a common useful and versatile cartridge. Simple design to maintain and keep running. Surprisingly excellent ergonomics for my hand. One of the very few sns designs I would feel kinda comfortable rolling with a loaded chamber full time.

Heritage rough rider. 22/22 mag versatility. A robust and very simple design with minimal moving parts. Independence from magizines.
Well, of course, since the new principles and approaches in the development of societal norms are necessary to remain on point in this paradigm the consumer based society has exhausted the potential of innovation and nothing new can be offered. As such, it is on its way to technogenic degradation since there is no moral vector of development in technological absence or cessation. This is a superlatively interconnected matrix and cannot be affirmed in a linear manner. Many adherents can then pre-emptorially request the vigorous efforts of those that demand that it warrants further study. And I vociferously, yet with calculated trepidation, concur.

Reactions: 7000al

·
Administrator
24,380 Posts
@Foolsgold39

This is what you get for trying to be uber specific around here.

Edit: Also, you can edit your posts instead of shotgunning them.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Who are you, so wise in the ways of science?

Always nice to see another like minded scientist on the board, lol. Glad you are on are side!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Rachgier,

Ha! Apparently. Also, I dont know the term shotgunning in this context, please advise.

Regards,
Foolsgold39

·
Banned
453 Posts
Ok... to answer what was originally proposed...

I would probably go with Haskell or Stallard if we are talking bone stock pistols. 45acp would be preferable to 9mm. I dont know what type of penetration one would need for Illuminati Reptilians from hidden bloodlines who feed on the unbown provided by planned parenthood but I would think you would be dealing with something along the lines of Alligator. Maybe the original Iberia 40s&w would be the better choice. Hard to know without knowing the anatomy of the average reptilian and things like cranium thickness.

Now Donavan in V used the 1911 and the HKP9s but those really are not in the SNS range. Tyler used a 9mm mac10 to good effect. Plus those reptilians were not all that intelligent. Chances are our reptilian overloards will use robots to fight their battles. In that case your going to need rounds that can penetrate light armor to try and cause CPU failure.

Guns might not even be the best weapons. Chemical fire extinguishers filled with the Red Dust would probably be a better option.... or flame throwers. In the event that you are looking at a war against robots... Proton packs of some sort will probably need to be developed and implemented.

·
Administrator
24,380 Posts
Rachgier,

Ha! Apparently. Also, I dont know the term shotgunning in this context, please advise.

Regards,
Foolsgold39
Shotgunning = spraying the board with tightly clustered posts. IE: Back to back to back. You can also multi-quote.

It also helps if you tag people with an @ or directly quote them when responding to their comments. It's a cohesiveness thing. Not everybody reads every single post like I do.

1 - 20 of 316 Posts