Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are a few of you here that are "in the know" about Enfields..more like a .303 British hopefully. The one I have has been kinda turned into a hunting rifle..(half-arse pic in the gallery "My meager collection"..3rd rifle from the left)
Just wondering if someone can give me a ballpark worth on it and also are they decent shooters? (I have yet to shoot it)
It might be up for a trade and me or the other guy know anything about them so I'm asking here on both our behalfs.
Thanks in advance..
John

·
Banned
2,485 Posts
Not worth alot since it has been hacked on, also without knowing what Mark number it is doesn't give us alot of info to go on. Although it certainly won't be worth near as much as one still in original condition.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jeez..while getting ready to take a few pics of all the markings..(stamps)..I noticed, even after owning it since Feb. of this year, it is missing the screw that hold the .."forestock ?" to the barrel is gone..good thing I never ran out and shot it I guess. (bought 2 boxes of ammo w/ the rifle) Don't think this is worth the trade in question as I don't think it's safe to fire at the moment. Guess it might make a good parts gun..numbers match in any case.

Hey Kripp, I'll get some close-ups of the markings on it anyway..maybe you, or someone, could at least tell me what it used to be. Thanks man.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For what it's worth..here are a couple of pics of the markings..

Sorry for the quality..daughters B-F's cell pics

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hmmmm, A 1940 BSA MkIII?

Can you get a pic of the other side of the reciever?

Also, is there any "sights" on the forestock on the left side?

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Pathfinder.. there are markings on the other side of the reciever.. I'll get a pic up of that as soon as I can..going back to work tommorow after a week off...never thought of getting that side as I thought the pics I put up might have said it all..but now that I look at it..it has alot of stuff there as well. Cheap cell phone pics will be added asap for a FYI on the other side..maybe it'll help Kripp as well. Chances are I will not be home until late in the evening, I guess today as it's after midnight here. Guys, I thank you all on helping me out on this matter and can't wait to get home from work aleady. I gotta be on the clock at 6:30 AM and it's 12:12am as I hit the post button..thingy..Be safe.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here's a pic of the otherside..hope it's readable.

There where two other pics but they never showed up..yet. No "sights" on the forestock, left, but about four inches along the barrel..past all the stampings it looks like two small pieces of wood were "added" to both sides...where the new rear sight base piece is now.
The "Hmmmmm, A 1940 BSA MkIII?" made me wonder about the rifle though heh. I'm never going to do nothing with it anyway and glad to see it going someplace where it might roar again. (if they did that is)

·
Registered
191 Posts
I've got a No. 1 Mark III, I guess what they'd call a SMLE, it was a rifle my wife's dad owned, and had a bit of a problem. The cocker was broken, and when my wife's first husband was still alive, her dad sent it up here with him to see if he could get it fixed. Her first husband passed on and we got married a few years later, and that poor old workhorse sat for another 22 years, until last fall. I had got back into shooting, and decided to get the rife cleaned up and working. She's a fine shooter, and yes she roars a little, it's not as outrageous as a Mosin, but it will damed sure get your attention. Where her dad got it, I have no idea, it's a 1943 built rifle and he was never in the war. She still needs some more love and care to get her back to where she was when they built her, but it's a fine rifle. As for it's worth, maybe around $250.00 or a little less.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Did Kripp get his hands on this?

If not, I am interested.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
StickHauler..Thank you sir for your post..I felt the post if that makes any sence. I just recently aquired a Mosin..modified, but wicked looking..and yet to experience that "outrageous" roar from it..I picked the Enfield up for a good price w/ammo to boot..just never shot it. I think it would be a great project for those in the know. Again, I enjoyed reading your post..had true feelings..and hoping you give it some love and care and keep us..me anyway..with the progress as you go.

Pathfinder..heh..There was an offer and it is going to a new home. Should the new owner post a comment..heh..but for poops and giggles..what would you have offered? (keep in mind it's already spoken for regardless) You don't need to say if ya don't want.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I thought you were the Mosin dude Krippp? :devilsidesmile:

If ya get a chance to take another pic before it ships there, can you get a shot of what that symbol is on top of the barrel? You can kindof see it on your second pic there, right about 3" right of where it says England. if you could get a snap of that from the top.

If thats what I think it is.....

Krippp, I still have that M44.

·
Banned
2,485 Posts
I thought you were the Mosin dude Krippp? :devilsidesmile:

If ya get a chance to take another pic before it ships there, can you get a shot of what that symbol is on top of the barrel? You can kindof see it on your second pic there, right about 3" right of where it says England. if you could get a snap of that from the top.

If thats what I think it is.....

Krippp, I still have that M44.
I still have around 90 Mosins, I think that still qualifies me a little.

This Enfield is on it's way to me at the moment. I had a wonderful conversation on the phone yesterday with the OP of this thread.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here's a shot of the top Pathfinder.

I'll try to get it out to you tommorrow (friday) Krippp..waiting on the boss to ok shipping on their account.
Also when I picked up my 3 new toys today the gunshop owner said he does transfers for $20. (just FYI)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts