Enjoying my new JHP

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by Phredn8tor, Jan 31, 2016.

1. Another new High Point owner here. Took some Christmas money to the nearest store I knew carried Hi Points, determined to come home with one. I was on the fence of wether I wanted the 9mm because of cheaper ammo, or the .40 for a little more oomph to it. Of course, when I got to the store, no Hi Points in the case. Figured I was going home empty handed, but asked the guy anyway just in case. Sure enough, had one Hi Point left in the back, a .45. Now that bad boy is mine.
    I got the Hi Point because I wanted to stay inexpensive. Just going to be an occasional trip to the range gun. But now after perusing through these forums, my wish list keeps getting longer, a Joey keychain (are those still available? can someone tell me how to get one ), maybe some stuff from thingmeister, painting the lettering, etc etc. And now I am scheming how to get a 995TS, "for my kids" because they can handle that easier than a .45 pistol. And then all the various training classes. Could sure spend a lot of money real quick.
    Anyway, finally got to the range the other day. Only had 150 rounds, went through it all with zero problems. 100 rounds of perfecta, 50 Winchester. That perfecta is dirty stuff, but it worked just fine. I haven't shot in quite a while and it showed, but it sure was fun.
    Sorry for the long first post, I'm usually more of a lurker than a poster.

Attached Files:

2. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Congratulations!

The kids can handle a 4595 easy enough, and it shares mags with the pistol, unlike the 995, but if you have other 9 mm guns, and thus ammo, the 995 is a good way to go.;)

3. Congrats on your new .45 JHP. It'll probably be one of your favorites!

4. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Hey...where's Perry?

5. Hipointer

Hipointer Member

Welcome OP! Nice JHP...lovely pistols for range and home defense work. ;)

6. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    :welcome:phredn8tor!!!
    Glad you like the JHP! :D

7. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Welcome from Texas, I have a JHP and a 4595. Great bang for the buck. :)

8. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
  9. I previously read all (at least most all) of the thread(s) on the Joey keychain, the instructions are plain enough, I think even I can follow them. Pretty entertaining read though.

As far as my new carbine obsession, I go back and forth on wanting a 995ts for cheap(er) ammo, or the 4595 and only have to buy one kind of ammo for both guns. Then again, it seems to be harder to find a 995 in stock around here. It's mostly just wishful thinking at this point anyway, my wife would probably beat me with it if I brought another new gun home. I've got it bad now, haven't even gotten the JHP fully broken in and I'm already plotting on how to get another HP. :D

10. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Post all you want. No here will ever tease you. ;-)

11. sarahsmom

sarahsmom Supporting Member

He's hooked! It only takes one time! :D

12. Do not use the credit card, do not use the credit card...

13. Irishfanatik

Irishfanatik Supporting Member

Welcome from Omaha.

Be careful. These Hi Points get lonely and want more Hi Points for company. They will keep hounding you until you buy another one, then they will leave you alone for a while. I am in the basement watching hockey but I can hear them up in the gun cabinet crying for more company. It might be time to look for another.

14. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Use the credit card, use the credit cards:rofl:

15. FirearmFanatic

FirearmFanatic "The Enabler!"

Fantastic Plastic to the rescue! :rofl:

16. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

MoonZZ, you can go to Hxll for lying the same as for stealing! :p

17. FirearmFanatic

FirearmFanatic "The Enabler!"

From all his posts that I have read, he has a "preferred customer" card to hell! :rofl: