Enthusiastic new member to the Hipoint Carbine scene. Lets trade stories & teardowns!

Discussion in 'Welcome Aboard' started by Eternalodyssey, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Hello all! My name is Dominick. I'm 34, and have been in the Military for over 16 years, 5 of which have been assigned to the Arab Nation.

I am a Patriot, a Husband, a Father (trying to be a good one), a Brother. But most importantly, I am you!

I race motorcycles when I'm stateside and I'm part of a close-knit group. My local shooting club is a close-knit group as well but no one seems to have much experience with the Hipoint. I'd like to contribute and converse with like-minded individuals interested in discussing the Hipoint 995 TS in particular.

So why the Highpoint 995 TS? I have several firearms in my inventory and likely enough ammo to hold off an assault from France (okay I know that prolly wouldn't take more than a couple bottles of airsoft rounds but you get my drift...) I have found it to be a fun gun and a regular I take to the range lately.

The bottom line up front is that at the moment I happen to really enjoy firing my 995 TS. Its a nice platform, I find it well made, and the accessory package is not too shabby with some minor modifications. And I do plan on some minor modifications.

I look forward to sharing some of my experiences with some of you all and hopefully learning something in the process. Prost!

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
  2. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Welcome to the forum!..... You're shy, aren't you?... .....

3. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

Welcome Eternal!! This is a great group of guys, and we all have a love of hp's and firearms in general. I have the 995ts and the 4595ts. I love em both! These carbines are alot of fun to shoot! Accurate out to 100 yds or so, and super reliable.
    I just replaced the red dot 4x that I had on my 995ts fo a 4-12 x 40. Gonna take it out in about an hour and zero it in. I suck at sighting in, lol. But with the advice from some of the guys here, I'm gonna give it another whirl this morning. I'll come back with another range report. We all love range reports, and we all love pic's as well.
    Thank you for your service to this great nation, and Welcome again.

4. ItBeMe

ItBeMe Member

I am a new guy to. I just got my 9mm carbine and love the hell out of it. I traded a gun for it. At first I didn't think that I wanted it but after I shoot it I was sold on it.

5. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

6. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

WELCOME from the home state of Hi Point!
    Thank you for your service!

WARNING - WARNING - WARNING!!!
    HI POINTS ARE ADDICTIVE?

Attached Files:

7. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

Welcome Itbeme as well!! Gotta love the carbines!!

8. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY

Welcome to HPFF!!!

9. Hipointer

Hipointer Member

Hello and welcome to the site!

10. Grant

Grant Member

Welcome aboard.

11. Welcome to the forum. There's a great bunch of people here. Me I'm not as addicted as some. I figure a 995TS and a pre Hi Point Maverick is enough for me. Of course I keep wondering if I shouldn't get a 4595 TS as well. Maybe someday.

12. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

13. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Is this an HPFF Equivalent to a One Hit Wonder??? ;)

14. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    Welcome to Hi Point. Where in IL are you located.

15. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the forum EO.
    Lots of knowledge here and not just on guns.
    Ask away!

16. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    This is a necro thread. I don't know if he'll be saying hello back to anyone, soon.

17. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Dangnabbit Armyscout, learn to read the dates will ya...
    Yeeeeez.....

18. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Under started it...AGAIN...trying to be all Kirky.

19. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    Yeah. What kind of scout looks at something without looking behind it?

20. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

I was laughing at this one cause I did read the date for once:D