Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
2,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK, so I've been looking for a really good optic for my newest AR build. I've always liked the Eotechs and I do know all about the class action suit and the issue with "thermal drift". I have been looking at the newer productions and I have read they are good to go but I know there are a good amount of Leo and ex military here that I can poke about their thoughts on the Eotechs.

I have looked at others like Aimpoint, Trijicon and even Holosun and Vortex. I have a Vortex or 2 along with a Holosun, they are good scopes but was really looking for a higher end combat optic.

The models I have looked at so far are:
Eotech 512, 552, EXPS2, XPS2, Aimpoint PRO and Trijicom MRO.

Anyway if you guys could chime in on the Eotechs and give me your thoughts it would be greatly appreciated.

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
2,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Was leaning Eotech 512, unless some other July 4th deals come in overnight.

Well, I received an email from one of my "Russian optics" sites with July 4th specials... that's just weird... but Axion Kobra Gen 3 for $299.

Is it sacrilege to put Russian optics on and AR???

Reactions: undeRGRound

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
25,869 Posts
Was leaning Eotech 512, unless some other July 4th deals come in overnight.

Well, I received an email from one of my "Russian optics" sites with July 4th specials... that's just weird... but Axion Kobra Gen 3 for $299.

Is it sacrilege to put Russian optics on and AR???
NO, it's not, IMO. I love that 1 moa dot that Rob Ski reviewed,
but I never bought it. Actually Belarusian but still Commie ;)

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
2,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tough decision.

So i got another email, but this from a friend of a friend. Eotech 552 new (old stock/open box) $350. I may jump on it. Only thing that concerns me its from mid-2016.

Reactions: undeRGRound

·
Premium Member
3,086 Posts
Take a look at Primary Arms sights. I have one and really like it.

This model is a micro dot one power red dot sight:
Primary Arms SLx Advanced Rotary Knob Microdot Red Dot Sight

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
2,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Take a look at Primary Arms sights. I have one and really like it.

This model is a micro dot one power red dot sight:
Primary Arms SLx Advanced Rotary Knob Microdot Red Dot Sight
Yeah I have a few primary arms, holosun, Bushnell and Russian optics.

Wanted my new build to have a big name I guess. Got the 512. Its only fair I have a top sight on one of my ARs, I have a few AKs with Kobras and one with a PK-01.

Actually got it today but its raining... Range report and sight-in incoming, soonish.

·
Premium Member
3,086 Posts
Eotech sights are really nice but too expensive for me. Primary Arms makes sights that are good quality in my opinion and they also have a warranty on them.

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
2,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh, def love my primary arms ones. Holosun is decent too. I have that new SIG Romeo red dot too, not on anything yet but got good reviews, was on sale July 4th weekend so I picked one up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts