Epic Fail at a NY buyback in Binghamton, NY

Discussion in '2nd Amendment' started by Rachgier, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

http://tellmenow.com/2014/06/epic-fail-new-york-residents-purely-defiant-during-gun-buyback-program/

Ever since the SAFE Act was passed in New York, residents in the state have pushed back against the government and refused to comply with the draconian laws that were forced upon them. On Saturday, Attorney General Eric Schneiderman promoted a gun buyback program in Binghamton that was a complete and total failure, reflecting the true frame of mind of New Yorkers upset with their rights being stripped from them.

The program offered pre-paid credit cards in exchange for unwanted or unlicensed firearms, no questions asked. However the event was upstaged by gun activists who offered fair market value in cash, causing only 30 firearms in total to be turned in, of which the majority were broken BB and pellet guns.

Just goes to show you that most people are more than willing to stand up to tyranny, which is what the residents of New York have been subjected to under the rule of the Cuomo regime

2. ekim

ekim Member

Oh no, they let capitalism work and the government lost out again. Sucks to be a stupid liberal, but then stupid and liberal go together pretty good.

3. I think it great that they were able to show up the government. But how long do you think they'll stand by and let that happen? To the left that's justification for even more draconian laws and government action. As our president has shown, to hell with the Constitution, the Supreme Court and the Congress, we'll do it by Executive Order.

4. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Excellent! Glad to hear it.

Looks more like it just goes to show that people will sell to the highest bidder and that if the government is the highest bidder on a busted BB gun, then they get the sale. :)

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

5. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    Many of these gun buy backs result mostly with old or non functioning firearms.

6. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing when I read that part of the article as well.

7. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

new york isn't doing so well with their tax payer's money, are they? They must be taking tips from California's accounting department.

8. Tchort

Tchort Member

Good old NY.....so glad I left there 14 years ago. State blows in more ways then just firearms but firearms is a big one......if you still live there ha ha ha....

9. I actually sent a friend toa gun buyback once.
    He had a broken Mosin, and they were offering $200 gift cards.
    So he turned in his broken one then went out and got two more working Mosins.

10. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

For $200, I might turn in my Daisy air-rifle. ;)

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

11. I have a muzzle loading Red Ryder I'd part with at a gun buy back

12. Branth

Branth Member

I wonder about making single-shot shotguns out of plumbing supplies. $15 worth of parts, $100 gift card?

I know you can make your own firearms for personal use, but can never sell or transfer them. I wonder if you can turn them in to police for destruction, though? It seems like the only reasonable thing to do.

13. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

That would be awesome....... Yes sir I'd like to turn in these 30 zip guns.... Thank you very much. When's the next buy back?

14. Ditto

It's been 20 yrs since I left N.Y.S (Now You're Screwed) for Taxachusetts and 7yrs since I moved to AR. I will never move back to the Northeast.

BUT
    3 things I do miss about New York: Adirondacks, maple syrup and apples.

15. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Actually, you can. The language is a bit vague but the gist of it is that you can't make them specifically to sell. You can make them for your own personal use and then, when you get tired of them, you can sell them. But if it's a business, of making and selling then you'd better have a proper license. This is why it's common for people finishing 80% receivers to place their own personal SN on it; in case they ever want to sell it and want to put a SN down on the paperwork.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

16. Liberty

Liberty Shhh! Lifetime Supporter

I'm waiting until they have one near me where I can turn in busted BB guns for profit too!