Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the ER. Stabbing pain in my right abdominal area and my junk area feel like I got stabbed and the knife is twisting. Blood and urine show elevated something. WBC is 14,000. Going for a CAT scan. High as a kite. They gave me fentanyl.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They are thinking kideny stones or appendicitis. Just got another hit of that pain med. Boy Im flying. Singing stupid songs to annoy my kid who drove me

·
Premium Member
36,163 Posts
Hope whatever it is works out ok. It’s crazy, but I think appendix might be the better of the two, the guys I know that had kidney stones said they were terrible.

Reactions: moona11

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hope whatever it is works out ok. It’s crazy, but I think appendix might be the better of the two, the guys I know that had kidney stones said they were terrible.
No kidding. Whatever it is hurts like hell. Can barely walk. Kidney stones I've heard plenty of horror stories.
DR just came in. I have Diverticulitis lots of antibiotics and pain meds for a few days. No kidney or appendix issues. Nurse said it explained all the pain

·
Super Moderator
9,520 Posts
No kidding. Whatever it is hurts like hell. Can barely walk. Kidney stones I've heard plenty of horror stories.
DR just came in. I have Diverticulitis lots of antibiotics and pain meds for a few days. No kidney or appendix issues. Nurse said it explained all the pain
Dang @moona11

Diverticulitis hurts like hades. And the pain feels like it is moving. Don’t eat seeds.

Heal quickly and completely my friend.

·
Premium Member
21,622 Posts
I have Diverticulitis lots of antibiotics and pain meds for a few days. No kidney or appendix issues. Nurse said it explained all the pain
More salads are on your horizon. Had this back in 2008. Ended up in the hospital for a day or two. I still think it was those Totino's recall pizzas.

·
Premium Member
36,163 Posts
Well, that’s good. Except they‘ll tell you to avoid red meat and other good foods.o_O
No surgery if it responds to diet change. And once it’s cleared up, you can usually go back to meat as long as you also do the fiber and such, and stay ahead of it.

Reactions: Rerun

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
I've had kidney stones (many) and diverticulitis (once) and both hurt like a sumB. Get better soon moona, nobody deserves pain like that. What I don't like about kidney stones is the aftermath...3 days of having a stent and possibly a catheter in that makes you not want to pee and hurts like hell when you do, then they have to pull them out!!!

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
More salads are on your horizon. Had this back in 2008. Ended up in the hospital for a day or two. I still think it was those Totino's recall pizzas.
Salads are the devil for my ass. Since the gallbladder was removed. At least from restaurants

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dang @moona11

Diverticulitis hurts like hades. And the pain feels like it is moving. Don’t eat seeds.

Heal quickly and completely my friend.
I don't eat many seeds any more. Mixed nuts I eat frequently.

You aint lying about the pain. Its no joke. It radiates around and kicked me hard

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
No more nuts, no seeds, order takeout on a plain bun(no sesame seeds)... I have diverticulosis, the precursor to what you have now. They found it during the 10 year cancer screening. I cut back on stuff that is hard to digest and have only had a couple of small attacks. I used to love sunflower seeds too... ate them all the time. I started having a romaine salad every day with tomato, cuke, radish slices, cheese, croutons... toss some chicken or ham on and you have a meal... helps with digesting my otherwise meat heavy meals and now that romaine salad keeps my vitamin K intake constant and my coumadin dose stable...

Getting old isn't for wimps!

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Actually according to the Mayo clinic the no seeds and nuts have no medical basis. They just recommend a healthy diet.

·
Super Moderator
5,064 Posts
Actually according to the Mayo clinic the no seeds and nuts have no medical basis. They just recommend a healthy diet.
Do that mean no more Jameson? Remember there's wheat, barley and hops in beer - the perfect vegetable drink.

Reactions: FlashBang

·
Super Moderator
9,520 Posts
Do that mean no more Jameson? Remember there's wheat, barley and hops in beer - the perfect vegetable drink.
but its in a more digestable form.

yeah, Jamison is on thr good list 😉

Reactions: moona11 and histed

·
No Longer Here
25,053 Posts
but its in a more digestable form.

yeah, Jamison is on thr good list 😉
33% on who you ask. Some say it increases the risk, others say there's no significant increase, and even more others say there is zero measurable effect.

It will depend on a couple of things:
1. How they treat it. Some meds you can't drink with, others will have a reduced effect with alcohol on board.
2. How his body responds. It's possible that he can't drink during a flare up but be perfectly fine any other day of the week.

·
Super Moderator
9,520 Posts
33% on who you ask. Some say it increases the risk, others say there's no significant increase, and even more others say there is zero measurable effect.

It will depend on a couple of things:
1. How they treat it. Some meds you can't drink with, others will have a reduced effect with alcohol on board.
2. How his body responds. It's possible that he can't drink during a flare up but be perfectly fine any other day of the week.
I can’t imagine @moona11 without Mosin‘s and Jamison.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
They said after a few days of clear liquid I could resume a normal diet. I rarely indulge

1 - 20 of 39 Posts