Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do y'all think of the EAA brand? I found a sweet looking 6-shot .357mag Windicator revolver on gunbroker for $245 "Buy It Now." Link to gunbroker page.

I already have a bid on a Rossi .357mag, but I will probably lose it because there are 6 days left and its only at $160. I want to wait to see how this one pans out first before I attempt the EAA.

Give me your opinions please. There are only 2 days, left on the EAA.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is 245 before shipping and transfers the right price?

·
Banned
19,442 Posts
not too bad. a little on the high side. you could probably pick up a good used smith for that kind of cash. just dpends on whether you want new or will accept used. if you like it thats a fair buy.

SW

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
I have no experience with their revolvers, but I did get a Witness 45ACP steel frame, and am impressed with the quality and feel of the weapon.
I had to send it in (Florida) for a safety firing pin update, which took a little over a month to go full circle.
Guess that's really not a lot of time, but I think they just pulled a slide with pin from stock and sent it out to me,
which if that's the case, the service might be a little slow.

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
In the big city, you will NEVER find a s&w for under 300, at least in LA and phoenix anyways. I haven't heard of any critical failures w/ the EAA. Might be worth a shot

·
Registered
555 Posts
Mine was $249 at GM, and they then knocked another $25 becasue it was a display model ... Can't wait to shoot it, finish is pretty good, and the weapon is tight...

Lifetime warranty to boot, and GM warranties it until 2100-- Which was funny to me to see it written.... 8)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Why not give Charter Arms revolevers a look? Made in the USA, and affordable as they come. Good looking, good shootin, high quality, inexpensive and RELIABLE.

·
Registered
17,846 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Why not give Charter Arms revolevers a look? Made in the USA, and affordable as they come. Good looking, good shootin, high quality, inexpensive and RELIABLE.
I like Charters, but they have been going for a higher price than Tauruses and Rossis in the Dallas area gunshows-- not knocking Charters, but They felt a little light and cheap-- compared to a nice SS Taurus, given all else being equal, I gotta go to the Taurus.

Either way though, the Charters are nice pistols-- I would really like a .327 Patriot especially...Not sure, but I read you can shoot .32SW, .32SW Lng, .32 H&R Mag, and .327 Federal out of it...If so, I would really like it. I have close to 1000 SW Longs with no gun to shoot them (except my Nagants)...I would love to have a gun that didn't bulge the cases so I could someday get into reloading...

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I had a witness in 10mm. After about 1000 rounds the frame was starting to crack.

I would go after that Rossi though if I were you, just tighten the sideplate screws after every outing you take it on.

·
Banned
10,831 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts