Evanix Tactical Sniper Air Rifle

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by tallbump, Dec 4, 2014.

1. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

My buddy sent me a link to this You Tube video. I think he is getting one of these. I hope he is becuase i REALLY want to shoot it :D

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lK9vk_HamMs"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lK9vk_HamMs[/ame]

http://www.evanix.com/sniper.html

.Evanix Tactical Sniper air rifle
    .Shrouded barrel
    .Horizontally adjustable buttstock (41" to 46" overall length)
    .11.5" to 16.5" length of pull
    .Ambidextrous stock
    .Vertically adjustable cheekpiece
    .Finger grooves and texture on pistol grip
    .Built-in manometer (air pressure gauge)
    Action Pre-charged pneumatic,Side lever cocking
    Air capacity 290cc
    Caliber 0.177", 0.20", 0.22", 0.25", 0.357", 0.45", 0.50"
    Barrel Length 18.5"
    Overall Length 46.0"
    Magazine capacity 13rds/.177, 11rds/.22, 10rds/.25, 7rds/9, 6rd/11.4, 6rd/12.7mm
    Barrel Rifled
    Trigger Two-stage, adjustable
    Safety Manual
    Max.Fill pressure 2,900 p.s.i (200 bar)
    Fuction Repeater
    Weight 3.9kg
    Mount Rail Weaver optics rail(no open sights)

$1,400 on Pyramid Air

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Evanix_Tactical_Sniper_Air_Rifle/3312

2. wganz

wganz Supporting Member

WOW!! A four letter oxymoron, "Tactical Sniper Air Rifle" Love how everything is now "Tactical" and/or "Sniper". :rolleyes:

And for $1,400. For that much money, one could get a decent Savage and SWFA SS scope to have a 'real steel' long range rifle. I'm sure that there are people that can/will drop that much coin on an air rifle. Just that I don't see me doing it.

3. 1400 is too much, but i can see the draw if they start to get really powerful air guns. you could have really fun full auto, relatively quiet guns. and all with 0 federal law.

But they never do talk about what the actually ft lbs down range are. I see you can put a 200gr slug through paper at 75 yards. but "Game" as he calls it has fur, hide, feathers, and thick skin.

I also would like to say he is cheating with those groubs in my opinon. Come on that isnt your group, you have a tripod that is locking the thing down, all you do is pull the trigger.

4. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Ok why does he charge it to 3000 PSI when the website says 2900 max?
    I can see where the attraction comes from but it's certainly not worth $1400 to me.
    If I want a quiet rifle I'll get a 5.56/.223 and put a silencer on it....

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do-HKnCeX3o[/ame]

Also the "tactical snipe" is a little overboard for an airgun.

5. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

That was frickin quiet!!!!

6. Crazy quiet! My Red Rider is louder than that!

7. tallbump

Well, for one, he's in NY, so a lot of those options are out. But pretty much anything goes for airguns.

Plenty of folks hunt gme, up to Coyotes with airugns, and at ragnes fo 50 to 75 yards.

Ammo is ridiculously cheap, even compared to .22s.

The quietness is a huge plus, without the need to a silencer requiring a tax stamp.

You can also shoot them in places you wouldn't necessarily be able to shoot a regular rifle.

Pretty much everything I go to his house we plink quite a bit with his airguns...it's pretty fun, quiet, no recoil and quite inexpensive.

I did find out this isn't the one he got. His new one came today. Not sure what it is. He said it's a Turkish model. I saw a pic, it's pretty sweet.

8. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Always enjoyed shooting air guns as a kid.
    I never had one but I had cousins that did. I would shoot till my finger hurt lol

9. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

Not me... by the time you get a 5.56/.223 down into the really quiet subsonic range, it has nothing left to it in energy. You would be better off with a .22LR

I'd take a subsonic .300 BLK over it for both suppression and energy.

Now..... if you want mouse fart quiet, I got the ticket for you. :)

Here's a little beauty I built for just such a purpose. It is the PWS T3 action (biathlon) with a TS fluted bull barrel, in a Hogue stock with 4x12x40 glass on top, a Harris bipod to stand on its own two legs with, and finished off with a Huntertown Arms Guardian 22 suppressor.

If you don't pay attention shooting standard velocity ammunition, you will not even know the round went off. The sound of the trigger breaking is the loudest noise it makes. ;)

Attached Files:

10. SteveC

SteveC Member

WV
    Yeah, I thought that was over the top. "sniper" showing target at 35 yards?

11. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

I dunno, you are a bad ass sniper-sneaker mofo, if you can belly crawl to 35 yards away, and make a shot!

12. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    It will be a Hatsan.

Yes to the problems of big pellets.
    But no, they are better than a .22

.50 cal air guns can push 225 grain pellets to 650 fps. That's not quite .45 ACP speed, but it's WAY better than a .22, and it will kill game animals.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
  13. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Sorry but air rifle and $1400 air rifle do not compute.

14. tallbump

Yup, that's what it was. Went back and looked some more at the pics.

He's planning on taking Coyotes with it :D

Attached Files:

15. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    I'm pretty sure a pellet gun is considered a sniper gun if you can take out a green army man from the other side of the yard & tactical if you can bolt one piece of worthless $#!t to it.So their asses are covered.

Hmmm??? What to buy? A new Kimber or a pellet gun for the same price? Suddenly that pellet gun don't seem so bad.

One other thing. Considering he had the damn thing bolted to some scaffolding, his grouping sucked ass.

16. Hmmm.... what to buy, a springfield M1A or a pellet gun?

suddenly the pellet gun sounds moronic.

17. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    I'd rather buy two Springfield 1911 - A1's and call it a day.

18. That's acceptable. Those 45's will still put more energy into a 100 yard target, you just clamp it down to a camera tripod, like he did

19. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

The Steyr LG110 is now only a mere $3100......

[​IMG]
    http://www.pilkguns.com/masprlist.htm#steyrlg110

When I bought my Steyr LP2 about 8-9 years ago, it was $1200 and the same pistol now is $1650..... :eek:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]