Even more freebies from church

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by tallbump, Dec 18, 2014.

1. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

A guy at our church used to have his won gunsmith business. He had some old qualifying targets lying around he has no use for. He gave me about 25 of them :D

They're B27's. 23x45 inch law enforcement qualifying targets

Can way to see what I can do with them

[​IMG]

2. tjulian

tjulian Member

Do you have a private range to go to? I have read that human shaped targets are illegal at open public ranges in some states.

3. Grant

Grant Member

I've never had an issue using them anywhere, but I live in a pretty gun friendly state.

4. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Shot the crap out of them. I use them all the time. Even the ones that show organs. Have fun

5. SteveC

SteveC Member

WV
    I wanna go to your church. ;)

6. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

All I shoot with handguns are the B27's in orange. I've never had to defend myself against a circle coming at me, only for shapes like the B-27's have. ;)

7. I have never paid much attention to what my targets are. I plan on using blank paper to make some splatter targets. they are fun. or i shoot tin cans, water jugs old junk. you know, re-use, re-purpose.

8. tallbump

I know the indoor range for me says no lifelike targets..yet they sue some silhouette styles for their combat fun shots. Not sure if I can use them there or not.

The free range at the gamelands may have a rule, i'll have to check. The few times I have been there I have never seen a game warden, but you never know.

If all else fails, I'll take them to my buddy's in NY. That's where I shot the most anyway. Legally, I can't take much there, like no handguns, and I wouldn't be able to legally take my MP, but I can take my other semi auto 22, and he's got a nice selection of long guns and pistols there we can shoot.

9. Johnny_B_Goode

Johnny_B_Goode Member

I get B-34 targets from Midway for $20 a 100, shipping included. You can bundle your targets with any purchase other than ammo to get the most out of your shipping dollar.

Pasties are a conundrum. Pasties cost around a nickel each. I have not seen any black masking tape anywhere. You can use electric tape for pasties. It is tedious cutting a bunch of little squares of electric tape.

10. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

WoW... They poop??? :eek: Cool!! :cool::cool::D

11. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

I would think that these would be "Life Like" targets.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    The touchy feelie crowd had a freakin fit over LEO/Gov using those.

13. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Hey tall,

Why is it when people give you $#!t and when they give me $#!t, it's two entirely different things?

14. tallbump

Don't knwo what to tell you. I've been told I might be the luckiest man alive :D

If it makes you feel any better, my wife called me the other day. Went to leave WalMart adn smoke came out of the steering column. :eek:

She got it home, but ti has happened a few times since. Inside the column, there is the wiper switch, the headlight switch and the ignition switch. We're thinking it's the ignition switch as it has been getting hard to start. Going to have to pull it apart tonight and take a look see. Then I have to find about $50 for the part and fixt it. Guess who's NOT going to the range tonight :mad:

Just found out my favorite range is doubling their price from $10 to $20. I think they are trying to get folks just to become members. Plus, need about $100 more for Christmas gifts.....

SO, I get my share of bad with the good.

A friend of mine once said I have the ability to walk through sh!t and come out smelling like a rose

15. Back2School

Back2School Member

I thought it was more of the anti govt crowd. But I can understand it.

Could you imagine the uproar if someone were to put out targets featuring LEO and US military on them to help desensitize 2nd amendment supporters just in case they come for our guns?

16. rickm

rickm Member

I use them little round colored yard sale tags for pasties on my targets but then i bought about 20 packages of them for .05 per package awhile back on a clearance rack.

17. SteveC

SteveC Member

WV
    Well, not all of us are so lucky as to live in places where no armed circles are skulking around. ;)

18. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Orange circles walking around?.... That's called hunting season for most of us portly fellas...... ;/

19. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Tell them its for work and they will leave ya alone or BRI g in the exploding targets :-D