Even the leftist press hates the ATF

Discussion in '2nd Amendment' started by perotter, Feb 2, 2015.

1. You know things have gotten out of hand when the leftist press says ATF has run amok.

The newest report about the ATF in St. Lou.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...e-weak-mentally-challenged-and-drug-addicted/

"The operation, mainly in 2013, had two strategies. One was a “storefront” undercover operation offering cash for guns and drugs. The other enlisted armed helpers in fictitious plans to rob drug dealers’ “stash houses.” . . "

“I thought about these cases long and hard,” U.S. District Judge Audrey Fleissig said during the sentencing of Bobby Barnes for one St. Louis stash house case last year. “Frankly, I’m not a huge fan of this whole sting operation,” she added, saying she questioned the value of creating criminal opportunities that defendants “hadn’t thought of.”

2. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Do they hate the ATF or is it who was targeted that bothers them?

3. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

They only hate that they use shady tactics to stop criminals...... Now against legitimate average gun owners, they're all for that.

4. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

They are upset that their voting base got busted.....

5. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

That's most likely a very fair assessment!

6. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    Yeah, I think that they are more concerned about potential entrapment issues than they are about the ATF going after FFL establishments.