Ever gotten that urge to go postal?

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by 4095fanatic, Mar 23, 2008.

1. Came back from a week straight doing disaster, no shower, no running water, no clean clothes, etc. Roomie had thrown out all the beer (I had a 30 pack in there), some of my food (I have warm green beans to eat right now), and wrote my boss about me being a "reckless driver" (and I don't hold a candle to him in terms of speeding). *sigh* I wish life were a video game sometimes... I don't think killing people would be a crime if they simply re-spawned after a 30 second delay.

2. Oneofsix

Oneofsix Member

NC
    hopefully you didn't choose that tool as a roomie

3. I needed a place to stay, and work placed me with him. *shrug*. He used to be cool, but lately he's become brown noser #1 and gone downhill. He's more worried about politics and getting a better job when he moves on from this one than anything else.

4. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

I refuse to answer your poll. But i can see how some folks have the ability to go postal. I also would find another room mate, because I live by the saying "Snitches end up in ditches"... and he would definately have some stitches if my livelyhood ever got jeopardized by someone's brown nosing.

5. I'd love another roomie, but the lease has another 6 months to go...

6. 69burbon

69burbon Well-Known Member

If you find someone else who would live with him and take over the lease you may be able to get out of it. I've had to do that before. As long as the landlord agreed to the person taking over the remainder of the lease it should be fine.

7. Oneofsix

Oneofsix Member

NC
    hang in there, maybe you'll luck up and he'll decide he don't like his current locale as much as he used to.

8. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

I know in my apartment, they considered that subletting? <sp> and was instant eviction, UNLESS it was approved by some big-wig at the apt's headquarters. Good luck on whatever solution you may find.

PS: Don't go postal, PLEASE!

9. freedom

freedom Member

Voted no.
    Not to say that I have not been very angry. But I have never had the urge to start shooting people for no good reason.

10. That is why I live in a little tiny basment over having a roommate. did it once and decided living in my car would be less stressful. That said you throw out my food and such and we will have "words"

11. No one throws anything of mine away, period. I even get angy with the wife when she throws away my rags. Having plenty more, was a mess, blah blah isn't the point. It's mine, not someone elses. If it belongs in the trash, I will place it there, not you. So for me, in your shoes, I would have lost it. And then all this brown nosing crap, I would pick up a mini recorder and get him saying crap, then simply black mail him with "Look dude, you've been a #$(% lately. knock it off or this will end up on the bosses desk." Then once he cools off, and the day I moved out comes, I would leave peacefully, then the next day go ahead and turn in that blackmail material for spite since he screwed with me in the first place.

12. GlockMan

GlockMan Member

This is a bit out there theme wise for a gun related web site. Being pissed at a person is one thing but talking about going Postal or Blackmailing them is another. Does this type of content really belong on HPFF?

13. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

Is it offensive? no. Tasteless? a little. What we want to be seen as? no. Productive to the forum? probably not. It probably does not belong on HPFF, but that's why we have you GlockMan, to mod/admin these things... or give reminders on grey areas such as this.
    :)

14. I tried going postal once, but the job was filled before I got my application to them.
    *rimshot*

15. The fact that he posted here rather than actually going postal demonstrates that he is one of those people who probably doesn't need to be worried about. I'd use the R-word (responsible) but he's probably just get PO'd...

Does it belong on a gun forum? Probably not. However, it does actually demonstrate that gun owners don't do stupid, desperate, dangerous acts just because arms are near. If anything it shows that our OP would rather talk out his problems than do something stupid. That's a good thing!

17. I've been totally hacked off plenty of times, but going postal is a bit harsh.

18. I did go postal for a year and a half and those guys REALLY work for a living. Ran my butt off and lost a ton of weight, but as this is the LOUNGE and we are SHOOTING the BREEZE, so to speak. I feel it's better if he can vent his fustrations here with us, where it's safe, then acting on impulse. Maybe just talking about it to us diffused his anger somewhat. Would that be an acceptable response for the moderators??? Do we really need to define "Taboo" subjects?

I'll be totally honest and say I've thought about it at times as well. Maybe if I hadn't learned self-dicipline and respect while in the service, I would have acted on my impulses. C'mon guys, lets help a member out here with some POSITIVE feedback and a pat on the shoulder for harnessing his emotions. What do you say?? :wink:

19. elguapo

elguapo Guest

Following plankowner: I have been out of town since last tuesday. And this trip, is one for the books! I wont bore you with the details, but I cannot tell you that I am READY for thursday: the day I get to go home.

Bad situations happen to everyone: how you choose to react to them, is really a measure of who you are.

20. ..does not belong here...........