Ever miss your first gun?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by IDMTfirefighter, Feb 18, 2016.

1. IDMTfirefighter

IDMTfirefighter Member

Since starting back into gun ownership I find myself missing my Taurus 92 AF 9mm...first pistol I ever owned. Sold it to a buddy a long time ago. This pic is not my gun but an exact copy right down to the checkered Brazilian hardwood grips...what a sweet pistol. BIG AS HECK but a real nice pistol

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
  2. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

My first pistol was a Springfield Armory Xdm .45 full size. I did love that gun and do miss it. I have since owned an Xds .45 that i didn't like as much and an Xd 9mm sub compact that i love.

I've said it before, "Guns are like friends, some you miss, some you don't and some you keep forever".

3. MXGreg

MXGreg Supporting Member

I still have my first gun. A 1927 Thompson (semi-auto) that I bought 6 years ago. Still have my first compound bow that I got back in 1976. Wish I still had my first recurve bow.

4. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

My first handgun was a Dan Wesson 15VH blue steel 357. Dumbest thing I ever did was to get rid of it.

5. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Yes...... WWII issue Ithaca 1911.... Divorces suck

6. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

I still have my first guns!! I have a Sears & Roebucks .22 lr (its somewhere in my closet...)and my mossberg 500A. Purchased both of them in the mid/late 80's? Man that seems so long ago!!

7. Dragonbreath

Dragonbreath Member

Alabama
    No. My first handgun was a Rossi 38 special back around 1995. I thought I just sucked as a pistol shot until we clamped it in a vice and shot it. At 15 feet, it only put 3 out of 5 shots onto a paper plate.
    At more than 15 feet you were more likely to hit the target if you threw the gun at it.

8. sarahsmom

sarahsmom Supporting Member

Yep, a Stevens model 30. First gun. First pistol a Raven .25 acp. I was in Oklahoma then. Might as well mention the other gun I had there and miss - my 30-30 Winchester lever action. Miss them all, even the Raven.

9. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

My first was a Marlin 336 in 35 Remington. Yeah, I miss it.

10. lsi1

lsi1 Member

my first gun is a springfield xd 9mm subcompact I still own it.

I used a few other guns growing up that were promised to me but I can wait a long time before they become mine.

11. shepherd321

shepherd321 Supporting Member

1st rifle a remington 22LR barrel is shot out, I still have it as a keepsake. 1st handgun a S&W 629 6". Shot that gun loose and sold it.

12. Kiln

Kiln Member

Sometimes I miss my first gun. But then I reach up into the gun cabinet and pull it out of there for cleaning.

13. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

I used my paper route money in 1969 & went with my mom to a discount store to buy single shot breakdown shot gun & still have it!
    I bought my 2nd gun a Remington Nylon 10C in 1974. Still have it also.

14. Outlaw

Outlaw Supporting Member

My first was a remington bolt action single shot .22. It was undoubtedly the most accurate weapon I have ever owned. Took a red head woodpecker out of an old dead tree 200 yds out on a dare with it using a .22 short. My brother cut the barrel and stock off trying to make a pistol out of it. I was soooo pi$$ed at him for that. Sure wish I had it back. :wah:

15. I've still got my first gun. It was hand crafted in 1968...

...from gas pipe and scrap steel.

I bought it Ecuador, when we living up in the Andes. The guy was pumping these things out as fast as he could make 'em. My dad bought one too.
    I've posted these pix before, but just for chuckles here they are again...

Attached Files:

16. I will never miss my first rifle (Remington 581 I received at 10yrs old) or my first handgun (S&W model 39 inherited 20yrs ago). Someone else can enjoy them when I'm dead!

17. Kiln

Kiln Member

I'm not sure I'd shoot it without seeing the type of metal used firsthand but that is awesome. I'd buy one and hang it on the wall.

18. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    Not really. It was an old used single shot .410. I wish I still had by bow. It was a beautiful all wooden Daman Howatt recurve 50#.

19. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    I bought a Universal M1 carbine, then traded it in on a 10/22 and a Raven or Jennings .22 pistol.

Don't really miss any of them.

But I really wish I had kept my grandpa's sportered Springfield 30-06 that I used to buy the carbine.:(

20. Oh, it's definitely a wallhanger now. But way back -when my dad and I were young and foolish- we did fire them and had a heckuva lotta fun.