Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 22 handgun and I have been absoultely amazed at how much and how quickly my shooting has improved. I was literally about to get rid of my 9mm browning hi power clone (arcus). 2 trips to the range after I got my 22 I starting shooting it as well as my Hi Point .380. I started playing with double taps today and transitioned from my 22 to my 9mm well. I shot a perfect bulls eye at 15 yards today which I was never able to do prior.

If you want to learn how to shoot better, get a 22.

...and to Hi Point.... MAKE A 22LR!

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
i agree i bought my fathernlaws ruger .22 mk1 pistol made back in 73 i think 71 . great shootin gun. i had to use it to put my lab down abut a year ago and havn't shot it sinse just don't wanna shoot it anymore. i'll buy me a new one and just retire this one .

·
Registered
27 Posts
I concur with you, my esteemed collegue.

.22 LR pistol is a must-have. For as often as I go to the range, if I threw that many 9mm or .45 ACP rounds down range I'd be in the poorhouse. I can get a 500 round box of .22 LR at wally-world for about $12. Even cheap 9mm is ~ $10/box of 50. So for 500 rounds of 9mm it'd be about $100. Let's not do the math on the .45 ACP... I don' wanna know! LOL

I had such a great experience with my wife's Walther P22, that I decided to get something for myself. I am the proud owner of a Walther SP22 M3 model. It's got the 6" match grade barrel, and an attached rail top and bottom. Nice green laser on the bottom, and a nice holographic red-dot on the top.

Hey, I may never be a great enough shot to justify having a "match grade" barrel... But me and my wife go shooting, and we enjoy the experience together. We are both getting better together; and I can't wait to go back.

I am glad that we share a box of .22 LR. $12 gives us a bunch of milage...

p.s. - There's some zombie targets that are in deep doo-doo come next Tuesday. :D

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
make a good point to save old bunrt out light bulbs they make nice targets abd if you get a little ice cream bucket and put some sand in it you can stick the end of the bulb in it and it stands up nice and neat.(wet the sand or it will run out the bucket when you hit it ) you can tape yout target to it if you use a 5 gallon bucket .

·
Registered
256 Posts
"I had such a great experience with my wife's Walther P22, that I decided to get something for myself."

Ditto!!! I love mine and will be buying the PK380 when it comes out for my carry gun. http://www.waltherpk380.com/

Specs are essentially idntical to the P22.

WR2

·
Registered
431 Posts
Shooting lightbulbs ? Do you clean up the broken glass when your done ? I myself do not shoot glass targets of any kind. Won't say it's not fun but I like to leave my shooting areas cleaner when I leave than when I arrived. Sorry if that sounded preachy, I don't mean it to. On .22's. I always recomend anyone who is starting out shooting to begin with a .22. They can not be beat for training. Some guys I have known believe they aren't cool because they are quite and they like a big BANG. You can develop big shooting problems like flinching if you start out with to large of caliber plus remember that old saying " A hit with a .22 is better than a loud miss with a .44. I have been shooting longer than some members here are old and I still have fun shooting any of my .22's. Just another of my 22 cents.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'll be getting a Heritage rough rider soon!

·
Registered
551 Posts
I've been looking for one for months. Haven't found a Ruger for less than $300, found 1 beat-up Browning, guys online want a killing, mags are expensive.. etc. etc.

I wont give up though.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Technically it is a pistol, (the bi-pod seems to make it more like a short barreled rifle) but none the less, I am really enjoying the Ruger Charger I picked up. The ammo is cheap so the 30 round mags are easy on my pocket.

I've fired it a few times fromo a stance, but most of the time I have shot it from the bench.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I didn't buy one today but only because the prices locally were quite a bit higher than the internet + shipping + FFL price.

SGCUSA has them for $499 in stock. :cool2:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts