Everything happens for a reason...

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by lklawson, Aug 19, 2015.

1. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Quote from my wife: "Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes that reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions."

:)

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

2. I have been a much happier person ever since I embraced the "God has a plan" mentality.

however I may use that saying as my son grows older.

3. Outlaw

Outlaw Supporting Member

Smart lady..nuff said :rolleyes:

4. RedRaptor22

RedRaptor22 Member

I am a firm believer in karma...gods plan etc. I think at any given moment everyone has exactly what they deserve, due to their own choices, or the choices of people they choose to let close enough to affect them.

5. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

I believe that God's plan includes allowing us to be stupid and make bad decisions

6. talon

talon the banned wagon

So what if you're not religious? Then the things that happen in my life happen for no reason?
    What about the jew? Why do things happen in his life?

Not everything needs to be turned into religion. "Gods plan". BS.

Fate i believe in. That's got nothing to do with any god.

7. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

My answer to that would be it still happens for a reason, you just refuse to acknowledged the reason. But that's your choice.

Fate, in and of it self, it impossible to exist without some type of higher power.

God definitely has a plan for everyone and He also allows us to make our own choices.

You can make choices in an attempt to follow His will, or you can choose not to.

You can find comfort in the fact of knowing He has a plan, or you can try to go it your own way.

8. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Some things, yes.

Depends on what variant of Jewish belief he ascribes to. Maybe the same, maybe not.

Unless, you know, that's an important part of your religion.

You forgot to ask, "what about the Hindu?" Then the answer is, "yes, sorta." Everything that happens to you is, religiously speaking, your fault. It's all part of their religious belief in Karma. When a friend of mine got cancer, one of his Hindu acquaintances asked him, "so what did you do?"

OK.

The point of this thread was an amusing statement about people who refuse to take responsibility for their own actions.

If we go too much further into this sub, the thread, or at least parts of it, will migrate to the Politics & Religion forum.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

9. Rerun

Rerun Member

NNNNNOOOOOOOOooooooooo!!!!!

Not that!

Please!

:D

eldar

10. talon

talon the banned wagon

I fully understood the original intent. That's why it irks me that it had to be turned into religious nonsense.

11. I don't know, sounds like its up yo your own discression.
    What do you think?
    IS there Fate for you? or are you just bumping around in space in time?
    Its not a call for anyone else to make.

12. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

There's is no divine plan, we're just all participants in the chaos theory

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaos_theory

Ironically we are apparently the only participants that have a sense of mortality and the capacity to at least partially predict the consequences of our actions.
    When we choose to ignore them or simply are not intelligent enough to begin with we act 'stupidly'.

Don't fight the Police and you won't get shot.

13. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

I'm not sure when my wife made the statement. I suspect that it is in relation to a female acquaintance of hers who keeps doing dumb things. She was having a sexual affair with a first cousin of one of her Counseling clients, who were both living in the same domicile. She's broken up with her ex-husband, a physically and emotionally abusive man, multiple times only to get back with him and has done so yet again recently. She has shopping addiction which she refuses to acknowledge or treat and, as of last Saturday, was having her furniture repoed. In fact, for reasons I don't know, she asked my wife to ask me to impersonate her Landlord on the phone to some 3rd Party (obviously for some sort of fraudulent misrepresentation). My answer was a perfunctory, "no," which did not adequately reflect the thoughts which passed through my mind.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

14. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    Our Birth has a lot to do with how fate will interact in our lives. I was too young for Korea and too old for Nam. Had I been born just a few years sooner or a few year later, things would have been different. My step brother was born 4 yrs before me, and was killed in the Korean War. I have a cousin who was born 4 yrs after me and is now fighting agent orange cancer from Nam. We do not control our fate or our future, we react to it.