Exercising my rights

Discussion in '2nd Amendment' started by Thadius15, Mar 21, 2008.

1. Hey guys just wanted to say I got my concealed carry permit in the mail today. I will be carrying my C-9 in a fobus until I can afford the xd-9 that I have had my eye on. Guess I will be going to the range this weekend to get some practice. I need to get used to drawing and firing etc before I start carrying.

2. Practice, practice, practice and more practice. Some ranges do not allow drawing a loaded gun, you might check first.
    I put some snap caps in the mag and practiced at home before I went to live ammo at the range.

3. The range I go to does allow drawing a loaded gun, but the snap caps are not a bad idea. Besides I can practice a home alot more than I can at the range.

4. My range doesn't allow drawing a loaded gun either, because the muzzle awlays has to be pointed downrange.

5. Ari

Ari Guest

Congrats... Just do not try and be fast on that draw! Just work at being smooth and the same every time. 8)

6. The range I shoot at is a free public range in the forest. Got out there the other night and shot about 150 rounds through my C-9 and 50 or so through my 4095. Ari you are absolutely right about a nice smooth draw that was one of the first things I noticed when practicing drawing. I have another couple hundred rounds to put through it this weekend and I may be picking up a .38 revolver from my dad. Will post pictures if I get it.