Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do a lot of reading on many forums. That is how I learn. So then look at this (I put "Xs" in for suspense):

"Put a deposit on one the other day, and yesterday they let my fire a box of ammo with it.

"Loaded the X round mag and took first shots at target 15ft away. Seemed accurate and has a bit of a kick thru its X inch barrel.

"But, 3 times I loaded the X round mag, chambered first round, removed mag and put another round in, for a total of 8 shots, it jammed, failed to feed after the first shot. This happened 3 times in a row, with 8 rounds.

"Would appreciate anyone's thoughts on this gun, good or bad.

"Also, what you think is a fair price for this gun NIB."

Another Hi Point bash? Nope. Not at all. This was on a forum for a rather expensive Colt 45 cal Defender. I find the same thing on the Beretta forum (I own a 92FS Inox). I don't see anyone on the Colt or Beretta forums calling their failed firings as coming from their POS. Why not? Because they have their hard-earned BIG BUCKS and EGO (perhaps something below the waist) invested in it and it is hard to do. But spend $140 on a C9 like many of us have and it's easy to bash the weapon as a "cheap gun" when it does a FTF or FTE. So then, a failure in an expensive gun is OK because it cost big bucks for a "good gun". A similar failure in a Hi Point makes it a POS because it is an inexpensive gun. Now I ask you, which of the two is the BIGGER rip off of the consumer? I say neither. Every mechanical device has a break-in period. Few manufacturers of ANY mechanical device give a lifetime warranty no matter which (original and all subsequent) owner lays claim. So then, what is the better value? Seems like a no-brainer to me. And the service from Hi Point? Best there is.

·
Gun Fanatic
830 Posts
I was thinking the same thing, I would have to say the Glock is a PoS because it Kb!'s as soon as it's fed something it doesn't tolerate and yet PD's swear by them...go figure. :cantlook:

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
GZ- i have a glock with close to 20,000 rounds through it and no KBs. its had several brass related case failures, but none that casued any damage. LEOs swear by them becuase they are cheap for the dept to buy, easy to clean and maintain, simple to use, and utterly dependable. My glock jams on occasion (mostly failure enter battery) becuase i shoot lead reloads and that causes problems in glocks.

SW

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Can you imagine how many fewer posts there'd be on websites like this if folks could get over the point of the original post here? Mechanical things fail. They all do. At some time. Period.

Like SW I too own some expensive guns and ya gotta take care of them! Especially if you're gonna carry one and bank the farm on it working when you need it.

Good post!

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
Mechanical things fail??? Ha, I fail at times. LOL Glad no one gave up on me.!!!
Mechanical things seem to just get better with age once you figure them out.

·
Registered
222 Posts
If you take care of any so-called mechanical POS it will last. I always got BS from a friend of mine for having an '89 Mustang convertible with the 2.3 liter 4-cylinder. Sure it had a bad top after 20 years and had it's own quirks. It had just over 300,000 miles on it when I totalled it though! He had a late '90's model 3.8 V-6 with half the miles on it and it didn't run half as good or half as fast. I could outrun it anyday. His went to the junkyard two years before mine did.

P.S.- When I wrecked mine and took it airborn, the fuel relay was tripped at the junk yard and it started right up. Unfortunately I had to let them have it because I couldn't afford the tow and the wench service to get it unstuck from a tree.
Point is.......everything mechanical needs work and cleaning from time to time. I prefer to spend less, take care of it, and it takes care of me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.