Expensive PPKs

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by fell, Nov 15, 2020.

1. fell

fell Member

Julien's Auctions in Beverly Hills is going to auction the PPK Sean Connery used in 'Dr. No', the first Bond film. They expect it to maybe get $ 200K. In a past auction, Timothy Dalton's PPK from 'License To Kill' only got $ 19K. The Connery gun looks pretty rough in the video, I think I'd give $ 200......[​IMG]

About a minute. You have to live through one ad :
    https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...u=/videos/search?q=veuer+Bond+gun&FORM=HDRSC4

lklawson likes this.
  2. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    As a gun it's probably not even worth that much. Most prop guns are pieces of shit and many are inoperable. Only real value is memorabilia.

undeRGRound likes this.

3. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Yes, this...
    Just get your own Vintage (or even new) PPK and call it Your James Bond Gun
    @fell

CowboyBob likes this.
  4. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

@fell , please attempt to post your threads in the appropriate section. This subject has nothing to do with HiPoint firearms, so I've moved it to where it belongs in the general firearms discussion area.

Please familiarize yourself with the board rules and the TOS/TOU. Keep in mind, wrongly placed posts may be deleted without warning.

Rufus Nathaniel REDD likes this.
  5. fell

fell Member

Thanks for the awareness, my apology

6. fatal-bert33

fatal-bert33 Member

16 or 17 years ago my wife gave me an FEG SMC-380 which is a cheap Hungarian copy of a PPK. I still shoot it and have put hundreds and hundreds of rounds thru it. Stiff springs but a great shooter. This pic isn't my gun. fmg.jpg

Rerun likes this.
  7. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

I suspect it is worth that much. Bond has always been a reliable money maker and still has fans and new movies being made. With Connery dead now, and with Bond being his most iconic role, and with the PPK being the most iconic handgun in in the cinematic spy genera, and with this prop being certified "screen used," I'd say this prop definitely has a lot of collector value.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

8. cicpup

Vermont
    Like I said. Memorabilia value only. I thought you knew how to pay attention?

fatal-bert33 likes this.
  9. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Can you make a reply without trying to start a fight?

undeRGRound and OldOutlaw like this.
  10. cicpup

Vermont
    If you think that was "starting a fight" then you really need to check your sensitivity meter there princess.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
    fatal-bert33 likes this.
  11. cicpup

Vermont
    Nope. He's busy trying to get me banned and I've already forgotten about it. At least until some guy in an apron reminded me of it. Oh wait a moment. Yup. Forgotten all about it again.

Chef Duane and fatal-bert33 like this.
  12. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

He pushes the limits.

Chef Duane and OldOutlaw like this.
  13. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Not expensive, NOT PPK's...what Bond villains would carry, if they were suave and sophisticated, and not carrying a Golden Gun.
    Edited with models.
    Left side top to bottom...East German, Russian commercial single stack, and Bulgie.
    Right side, t to b...Polish P64, Hungarian FEG PA-63 aluminum frame, and the best of breed CZ 82

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
  14. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

I had several of those. Had a "Makarov Cal. Collection." Then I realized that I wasn't really shooting them so, well, time for most of them to go find a home to love them. I'm keeping my CZ though. Best trigger I've ever felt on a milsurp gun.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

undeRGRound, ajole and OldOutlaw like this.
  15. cicpup

Vermont
    [​IMG]

fatal-bert33 and SWAGA like this.
  16. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

In Lawson's case, NO, you do. You are the one always picking on every thing he posts. You are the problem, not Lawson. And, I could give a shit about what you think. This might be the only place you can post, cause no others would put up with your crap.

17. cicpup

Vermont
    That pic was just my opinion of the bait pile.

fatal-bert33 likes this.
  18. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

Yep, just being the ass you are.

19. cicpup

Vermont
    What's next? Gonna tell me to get off your lawn?

fatal-bert33 and moona11 like this.