Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Julien's Auctions in Beverly Hills is going to auction the PPK Sean Connery used in 'Dr. No', the first Bond film. They expect it to maybe get $ 200K. In a past auction, Timothy Dalton's PPK from 'License To Kill' only got $ 19K. The Connery gun looks pretty rough in the video, I think I'd give $ 200......

About a minute. You have to live through one ad :
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...u=/videos/search?q=veuer+Bond+gun&FORM=HDRSC4

·
Resident PITA
15,961 Posts
The Connery gun looks pretty rough in the video, I think I'd give $ 200......
As a gun it's probably not even worth that much. Most prop guns are pieces of shit and many are inoperable. Only real value is memorabilia.

Reactions: undeRGRound

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
25,872 Posts
As a gun it's probably not even worth that much. Most prop guns are pieces of shit and many are inoperable. Only real value is memorabilia.
Yes, this...
Just get your own Vintage (or even new) PPK and call it Your James Bond Gun
@fell

·
Administrator
24,380 Posts
@fell , please attempt to post your threads in the appropriate section. This subject has nothing to do with HiPoint firearms, so I've moved it to where it belongs in the general firearms discussion area.

Please familiarize yourself with the board rules and the TOS/TOU. Keep in mind, wrongly placed posts may be deleted without warning.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
16 or 17 years ago my wife gave me an FEG SMC-380 which is a cheap Hungarian copy of a PPK. I still shoot it and have put hundreds and hundreds of rounds thru it. Stiff springs but a great shooter. This pic isn't my gun.
fmg.jpg

·
Super Moderator
28,368 Posts
I suspect it is worth that much. Bond has always been a reliable money maker and still has fans and new movies being made. With Connery dead now, and with Bond being his most iconic role, and with the PPK being the most iconic handgun in in the cinematic spy genera, and with this prop being certified "screen used," I'd say this prop definitely has a lot of collector value.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Resident PITA
15,961 Posts
I suspect it is worth that much. Bond has always been a reliable money maker and still has fans and new movies being made. With Connery dead now, and with Bond being his most iconic role, and with the PPK being the most iconic handgun in in the cinematic spy genera, and with this prop being certified "screen used," I'd say this prop definitely has a lot of collector value.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
Like I said. Memorabilia value only. I thought you knew how to pay attention?

Reactions: fatal-bert33

·
Super Moderator
28,368 Posts

·
Resident PITA
15,961 Posts
Can you make a reply without trying to start a fight?
If you think that was "starting a fight" then you really need to check your sensitivity meter there princess.

·
Resident PITA
15,961 Posts
... here we go.
Nope. He's busy trying to get me banned and I've already forgotten about it. At least until some guy in an apron reminded me of it. Oh wait a moment. Yup. Forgotten all about it again.

·
Super Moderator
28,368 Posts

·
Premium Member
35,666 Posts
Not expensive, NOT PPK's...what Bond villains would carry, if they were suave and sophisticated, and not carrying a Golden Gun.
Edited with models.
Left side top to bottom...East German, Russian commercial single stack, and Bulgie.
Right side, t to b...Polish P64, Hungarian FEG PA-63 aluminum frame, and the best of breed CZ 82

·
Super Moderator
28,368 Posts
Not expensive, NOT PPK's...what Bond villains would carry, if they were suave and sophisticated, and not carrying a Golden Gun.

I had several of those. Had a "Makarov Cal. Collection." Then I realized that I wasn't really shooting them so, well, time for most of them to go find a home to love them. I'm keeping my CZ though. Best trigger I've ever felt on a milsurp gun.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Premium Member
6,724 Posts
In Lawson's case, NO, you do. You are the one always picking on every thing he posts. You are the problem, not Lawson. And, I could give a shit about what you think. This might be the only place you can post, cause no others would put up with your crap.

·
Resident PITA
15,961 Posts
In Lawson's case, NO, you do. You are the one always picking on every thing he posts. You are the problem, not Lawson. And, I could give a shit about what you think. This might be the only place you can post, cause no others would put up with your crap.
That pic was just my opinion of the bait pile.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts