Expensive PPKs

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by fell, Nov 15, 2020.

1. But that was his schtick. What, you want Don Rickles to tell sports jokes? It's like criticizing The 3 Stooges because they did low brow physical humor. Yeah, that's what they did. It was their schtick. And they certainly took the easiest way for laughs.

And the old rumors about John Wayne being a virulent racist have been proven time and again to be bullshit. But haters keep bringing it up it hopes that it will make a point. <sigh> He also was a string supporter of minorities, especially the American Indian (Indigenous Peoples the lefties like to say) and he was married 3 times each to Hispanic women. But, OK, sure thing.. he was a racist bastard.

HPD855 and OldOutlaw like this.
  2. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    I've only heard the interview or whatever it was. If it's been proven bullshit then good for him. As for publicly supporting something? Could be genuine or could be like a closeted Senator opposing gay rights. As for wives, he definitely had a type.

3. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Well here's the thing. The same "racist" jokes are being told today, but now they're being said by the actual ethnic people they refer to and not a bunch of old white dudes. Back then it was more controversial to work in the blue then it was too make ethnic jokes. That's why comedians like Bill Burr who work in the blue AND still make those kinds of jokes are so controversial.

Guys like Carlin, Kinison, Pryor, etc and movies like Blazing Saddles from guys like Mel Brooks, Gene Wilder, and Cleavon Little are the ones who made comedy what it is now. Unfortunately we're back to society forgetting they're jokes, not dicks.

Chef Duane and HPD855 like this.
  4. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    What if I enjoy not ignoring it? I really don’t care if you care, I just assume you don’t and say what I feel. Just like you but without being an ass.

OldOutlaw likes this.
  5. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    What is that two-tone?? I Love that!
    I guess there is a double stack .380, ummmm...
    BERSA!
    13 rounds, IIRC. Pretty cheap, too!
    If I ever break into the 380 caliber,
    I can see myself getting a PPK, a
    Bersa, and maybe an LCP. My BIL
    has an LCP I think, he said it's a Ruger
    in 380 and it is small and lightweight. o_O

That is SWEEEET!
    I need a Beretta Collection, my starter gun is the lovely
    Beretta MINX, in 22S and it is the first gun my Dear Old DAD
    ever gave me!! It is clearly a pocket gun, steel frame, but tiny!!!
    Model 70 is beautiful! :love:

fatal-bert33 likes this.
  6. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Hungarian FEG PA-63. Quite the stingy little fucker to shoot. I much prefer shooting the Bulgarian Circle 10.

At first glance I wondered how he got a pic of my Mak-ish collection. Then I noticed there's a couple I don't have. Really curious about the one that looks like a bulgie without the plumb coloring.

undeRGRound, fatal-bert33 and ajole like this.
  7. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Nope. All 9x18, all now listed in the edited post...

undeRGRound and fatal-bert33 like this.
  8. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    That’s the Russian commercial version IJ-70. Has adjustable rear sights.

undeRGRound likes this.
  9. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

Here's my Bersa Plus Duo-Tone:

21.JPG

Bersa Combat:

19.JPG

And Bersa 22:

01.JPG

And Beretta Model 81:

DSCN0546.JPG

Now with wood grips (and grip tape on that bugger of a slide):

DSCN0702.JPG

The tape on the slide makes it so much easier to rack, the grooves on the slide underneath the tape are just about razor sharp, kinda like a cheese grater.

Needless to say I like the old-look style of these guns.

fatal-bert33, moona11 and undeRGRound like this.
  10. undeRGRound

INDY
    Yeah, but it made me think of the Bersa!

Do they make a double stack 380?

11. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

If you mean they as in Bersa, the Bersa Thunder Plus Duo-Tone is a double stack 380. Grip is very chunky.

undeRGRound and moona11 like this.
  12. undeRGRound

INDY
    Yes I think I was only in the mind that Bersa has the double stacks. A bud of mine at the foundry got one from his grandfather's estate, DS .380, wood grips, it's a sweet little handful! I found him some ammo when things just started getting cray-cray, 300 rounds and I asked him "how much of this do you want" (I had bought all 300) and he said ALL OF IT! :rotfl:

moona11 likes this.
  13. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

I've looked for one. But they are like trying to find a Keltec.

undeRGRound likes this.
  14. undeRGRound

INDY
    I had a shot at one here in my SHIPPING LGS. You know, the one with the $10 transfer fees. Well, they had one and it was really nice with 2-3 extra mags. I was very tempted, but did not have much extra cash at that time, but I could have bought it. But it would have been a clear violation of "Mole's Caliber Rules" because I was unwilling to buy all the ammo and extra mags that "Mole Requires" ;) I'm thinking of adding some new rules for pocket gun stuffs, like 'less than 1000 rounds is OK' and maybe allowing that I don't need 10 magazines for EVERY Handgun that I own? :rotfl: 3 would be great for a .380 prolly.

moona11 and fatal-bert33 like this.
  15. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

380 i only keep a thousand rounds of target ammo. SD round maybe 500. I keep all the brass and can reload which I've done a few times. It sucks. But I can do it if needed.

undeRGRound likes this.
  16. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Or ANYTHING right now. I'm still waiting on the RIA 38 that I ordered more than two months ago, cash up front.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

17. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

I got that Bersa Plus Duo-tone at a local pawn&gun for a decent price. It was used, but in very good shape. All 3 have what I think are good triggers and much easier to rack than that Beretta Model 81. I do tend to limp wrist the Bersa 22 though, which I find odd. Gotta be mental more than physical on that one.

I still like my FMK 9G1C2, it's the Goldilocks of all my pistols, just the right size:

_67Howard's Loader.JPG