Extended/oversized Mag Release Buttons

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by hypnodoc143, Feb 10, 2015.

1. hypnodoc143

hypnodoc143 Member

INFORMATION on the extended/oversized Mag Release Buttons for ALL the Hi Point Carbines...
    I talked to Scott (the designer)on Sunday about the mag buttons for the carbines. He IS going to make a run of them. He is already in the process of setting it all in motion. It WILL take a little bit of time to have them in his hands and ready to ship. He has chosen (almost anyway) which designs he will make and he will let us all know soon. :) The cost will be about $28 each. He explained to me all that was involved in getting the final product and it's a bunch. He is going to fund the project himself (not talking peanuts here) and will not be taking up front money or deposits. When they are ready you'll pay via pay-pal and he'll ship the next day. I for one couldn't be more pleased. I have 2 Hi Point 995's and I expect to be getting at lease 1 more :D :) ;) in the near future, soooooo I will be ordering 4 buttons. I don't know if everybody that gets arthritis in the hand and fingers is affected this much but it sure zaps me. AND I'll be *&%*$# if I will ever let pain get in the way of shooting. There is ALWAYS an answer to any problem and this is one of my answers... Please pass the word and give everybody an opportunity to get one...Thanks...Larry

2. hypnodoc143

hypnodoc143 Member

My Oversized/Extended Mag Release Button search is over... Yaaaaaaa... LongShot (the company that makes aluminum rails, shrouds and charging handles) has a new designed oversized mag buttons for sale on their website... I called and talked to the owner again and he said with his design you don't even have to do any cutting on the Hi Point button... He says it's easy to install, (and looks easy) and he sends the "step by step" with the button... If the carbine ever needs warranty work you just put the stock button back in when you take all your other mods off to bring the carbine back to "Stock" before sending it in... YEA, I KNOW but everybody says you have to take the mods off (even the joey key chain)...

3. hypnodoc143

hypnodoc143 Member

OK, I called back and ordered 1 of each... $19 each shipping included...I'm excited to finally get them ordered... They are going to help my wife and grandkids because they have small hands and will help me drop the mag easier because of the *^$&# arthritis in my fingers and wrist...

Attached Files:

4. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

I am looking forward to installed pics. I am wondering if they would be too big and cause an accidental ejection of the mag?

5. bombero437

bombero437 Member

I ordered mine today for my 4595ts