extraction problems

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by mzieg, Mar 10, 2016.

1. mzieg

mzieg Member

So I'm new here but not new to firearms. i own a new 4595 and i must say it is my favorite firearm to shoot. I have about 300 rounds thru it then started having FTE's. I came straight to the forum for advice and took away several things to look at. First was to make sure it was clean then i looked at firing pin and sure enough it was bent. I called MOM and new pins and springs were sent right away. Awesome service. But to no avail it did not help. Upon checking my brass i found it had a big 1/4 inch gash in the mouth. The brass was extracting from the chamber not being thrown from rifle. After a complete tear down i found that the extractors were loose i was able to move them an 1/8 of an inch without any force at all but after that distance i did feel the spring take hold. Didn't know how tight they were supposed to be so i tried to remove them but couldn't get the pin out but i did manage to move it and the extractors popped a little then went tight. I think the spring must have moved or something. anyway just wanted everyone to know that the help must of us need is right here in the forums. Thanks all.

2. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    That's a funny first post!
    Instead of asking for help, you helped out!:eek:

Thumbs up to you!!:)