Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got mine today. I like to clean and check functioning on every new weapon I get. I tried to cycle through some dummies, but no extraction. I know it's a blow-back operation, but there is an extractor. Should the dummies be getting extracted, or does it only extract on the firing cycle?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Just got mine today. I like to clean and check functioning on every new weapon I get. I tried to cycle through some dummies, but no extraction. I know it's a blow-back operation, but there is an extractor. Should the dummies be getting extracted, or does it only extract on the firing cycle?
Extracts off of the firing pin.Get to the range ASAP! :wink:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just back from the range. As hoped, extraction and ejection were 100%. I am hoping I can get it to extract unfired rounds. Excellent POI at 30 yds. but a big group at 100 yds. I'll go back on a quiet day and spend some quality time at the 50 yd. line.
I still think Hi-Point pistols are way too ugly for me, but I'm really happy with the carbine. I ordered an ATI stock just to piss-off my buddy with a Storm. Can't wait for that to show up.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yeah,thats what I meant!Glad you could put in into specific words! :oops: :lol:

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
yea I had that same question a while back. Cycles fine when firing.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So...now the question is...what do you do for miss-fire/dud drills???

Next range trip I'll stick a dummy in mid-mag.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You're not the JonnyC from H&A are you?

As you pull back the charging handle, you should see the firing pin come forward as you approach the rear of the bolt's travel.

If it doesn't, something's wrong internally, and clearing a malf would be a chore I would think. You'd have to lock it back and stick your finger in there to manually flip out the bad round.

Josh <><

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yup, Josh, guilty as charged. However, you are to blame for me getting the 995!

You're talking about ejection. Mine is fine there, but getting a dud out of the chamber might be a problem. I tried to cycle dummies and the extractor wouldn't catch the rims. The carb extracted fine while firing. I'll test out the other possibilities next weekend.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I've run several hundred through mine without firing.It's how I broke it in.How would you unload it if cycling the action would not eject the cartridges? The range where I shoot would run me off if I couldn't show them an empty gun.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I've run several hundred through mine without firing.It's how I broke it in.How would you unload it if cycling the action would not eject the cartridges? The range where I shoot would run me off if I couldn't show them an empty gun.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Send it in, that is not normal, I've cycled several hundred through mine, it was how I broke it in.My range would run me off if I couldn't show them an empty chamber.

·
1,792 Posts
Are you riding the handle forward or just letting it slam. If you ride it it may not have the force needed to Grab the round out.??????

Didnt read all of this thread.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No riding, just letting it fly. I haven't tried it since my first firing. I'll try it this afternoon. I have to call Hi-Point anyway today to get a missing screw. I'll ask about this issue.

·
1,792 Posts
Id deff call TOO. Mine will hand cycle so I would think something fishy goin on there.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Jonny,

My bad, I read wrong. I'm sure you've made certain there is no gunk under the extractor.

I'd take a mic to the rims, if you're using snap caps. What are you using for these dummy rounds?

Josh <><

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
After 100+ rounds and a good clean & lube, it now extracts as it should. I can get 2" to 3" off-hand groups at 50 yards, but that expands to about 6" off a rest at 100 yards. I think a Red-Dot is in my future.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts