Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this in the American Rifleman magazine and wondered if anyone had considered it for their 995 or 4095 or any of their other long guns? They claim it reduces your pull up to 50%. About the only thing I am not happy with on my 995 is the pull and travel of the trigger. http://www.ezpulltriggerassist.com/

·
Premium Member
1,225 Posts
I actually like a little trigger pull. On my .22 I know just how much creep there is until it fires, i use those micro seconds to breath out and think about the shot.

I was shooting my friends .22 yesterday and it has zero pull. I kept missing, or pulling right.

·
Banned
1,193 Posts
my .270 has a very fine 3lb trigger....aint gona need to add to that.....the .22 is also prtty good at 5lbs.....still havent weighed the 995 trigger, but not having a problem with it either

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Saw this in the American Rifleman magazine and wondered if anyone had considered it for their 995 or 4095 or any of their other long guns? They claim it reduces your pull up to 50%. About the only thing I am not happy with on my 995 is the pull and travel of the trigger. http://www.ezpulltriggerassist.com/

Hmmm, never seen one of these before.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
I was shooting my friends .22 yesterday and it has zero pull. I kept missing, or pulling right.
Excuses.

On a side note: Could you imagine a trigger pull being like a mouse button click. That would be interesting

·
Registered
221 Posts
I too have only one issue with the HP's - the trigger. I have a c9, jhp (45acp), a 995 and a 4095. All the triggers work similarly. I have been able to greatly improve the trigger feel by "modifying" the spring which pushes the trigger pawl up, and using a soft pencil, coating all the friction surfaces with graphite. Especially on the jhp and the 4095, my accuracy improved greatly because I was flinching, anticipating the trigger to work before it did. Now it is smoother and more predictable.

I know that tinkering with the trigger spring is dangerous territory, and have been extremely cautious and made only micro changes at a time. I don't recommend it if you are timid about the possibility of disabling your firearm, and having to ship it to the factory for repair. Also, there is a possiblity of causing it to be unsafe. Just wanted to state that the trigger problem is correctable.

·
Banned
1,193 Posts
Excuses.

On a side note: Could you imagine a trigger pull being like a mouse button click. That would be interesting
Do you mean pressure or a click button?
I have fired a trap gun that had a release trigger....that is a trigger that fires on the release rather than the pull....its a bit disconcerting to use, but once you get used to it, it works great....there are also electronic triggers for those high-end olympic pistols that feels real weird....

·
Si vis pacem para bellum
548 Posts
I use to shoot a black powder that had a hair trigger. Once it was loaded you didn't want to even breath on it for fear it would go off. The trigger pull is ok on the HPs but I would like to try my hand at making it more responsive and predictible.

·
Premium Member
10,285 Posts
I saw a video today at the Palmetto gun show of a device that looks very much like this does except it was for rapid fire. Once installed they claim legal near full auto performance. Can't remember the exact name of it though. :embarrassed2:

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
I saw a video today at the Palmetto gun show of a device that looks very much like this does except it was for rapid fire. Once installed they claim legal near full auto performance. Can't remember the exact name of it though. :embarrassed2:
firestrom, hellstorm or any of a half dozen other names. its a gimmick. all it is, is a spring loaded lever to assist in bump firing.

SW

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.