F/S Brand New Design. Integrated Barrel Shroud & Rail for HP Carbines

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Parts and Accessories For Sale or Trade' started by LongShotMfg, Jul 25, 2014.

1. LongShotMfg

LongShotMfg Sponsor

OK, they are finally on the market. Our newest design, an integrated barrel shroud / lower rail combination. Specially designed so that when your barrel heats up and bows or twists, the new lower rail will still follow the movement of the barrel. This should prove to be a really useful item for night shooting with a laser mounted to this new rail. The whole thing is really light in weight, too.

We just started listing them on Ebay for $79.90 each. We are willing to offer discounts to forum members but you will need to email me directly at [email protected] to obtain the discount.

Please give me all opinions and feedback on this thing, too. Also, it is going to be offered in a vented version starting in about 2 weeks. Let me know what you think. The listing item numbers are 281394934241 and 281394932516.

Attached Files:

2. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

Looks great, I will wait for the vented style to make up my mind? But I do like the look.

3. MachoMelvin

Will this be available for the 4095 & 4595?

4. Back2School

Back2School Member

waiting to see the vented as well. for the 4595 :)

5. LongShotMfg

LongShotMfg Sponsor

I have already made prototypes for vented style and it really is fantastic looking...and lighter. Most likely, the integrated rails will be lowered to the same height as the new low-profile top rail we are making. After that happens, we are talking about some serious weight loss. It is going to be tough, but we are going to try to keep the vented style pricing the same...and if possible, maybe even lower all the pricing on these things if we can get enough sales established so that we can recover the time we invest when trying to modify, improve or come up with new accessories. BTW, we made a couple of minor changes and improvements on the new Bottom/Lower rail for the Original 995 models. We are probably going to start listing them on Ebay tomorrow and will also post here on the forum with the announcement and some new photos of it. It looks better and it will function exceptionally well due to the new way that is gets mounted to those flimsy old 995 plastic stocks.
    j.

6. LongShotMfg

LongShotMfg Sponsor

It already is. We have two listings running on Ebay at the moment. One is for the 995TS models, and the other listing is for both the 4095TS and the 4595TS models, as they share the same stock and barrel diameters. Both of the Ebay listings use the same photos because the guns look the same and it doesn't make sense to do more pics if you can't really tell the difference when you look at them.

One other thing...we will also introduce a Longer version for owners that don't use the front barrel sights.
    j.

7. LongShotMfg

LongShotMfg Sponsor

I am going to try to attach a couple of pics of one of the vented versions that I made for a customer to try out on spec. Hopefully they can be viewed here.
    j.

Attached Files:

8. LongShotMfg

LongShotMfg Sponsor

Take a look....

Attached Files:

9. BobboJama

BobboJama Member

SWFL
  10. Geezer

Geezer Junior Member Member

Have you thought about moving the locations of the set screws to the bottom so they wouldn't be more noticeable? If so, I'm in for two of them.

11. LongShotMfg

LongShotMfg Sponsor

No, the set screws are placed where they are for a very good reason. It is very important that the bottom of the shroud be pulled upwards against the bottom of the barrel. This is because both the shroud and the lower rail need to be in direct contact with the most stable area of the barrel in order for the rail to maintain alignment with the barrel at all times. Having 4 set screws (approx 70 deg apart, 2 at the front & 2 at the back) assure that a full 6 points of contact are made in the correct direction of pull and, in the correct MANNER of pull. (3 points at the front and 3 points at the back) Using 2 set screws placed directly at the underside position (1 at the front and 1 at the back) establishes only 4 points of contact and is perfectly fine for a singular barrel shroud. However, having a rail integrated with a shroud requires the 6 points of contact method when any form of laser or sight will be mounted to it. Keep in mind that any rail used for flashlights or handle grips or bi-pods, no real accuracy is needed, but there still needs to be enough stability and clamping rigidity to properly functional. If there is one thing that really bugs me, it is a flimsy and loose forward grip. Sorry for sounding redundant, but I want to be sure that I am clear on my explanation on why we make our products the way that we do. We make products for weapons and all of this stuff needs to be properly thought out with good reasons for why something is made the way that it is.
    j.

12. MachoMelvin

Is this a picture of your low profile top picatinny rail?

13. LongShotMfg

LongShotMfg Sponsor

No. That gun has one of our standard height Full Top Rails mounted on it. I have included a pic of the new Low-Profile rail for 995 models. Also...I just posted a new thread announcing that the new 995 rails are now available. Look at the pics in that posting and let me know what you think. They also show the low profile rail.

Attached Files:

14. LongShotMfg

LongShotMfg Sponsor

Some new photos & versions

Here are some new photos of additional versions of our Integrated Shroud / Rail. They include a 5-1/16" long Vented version, and a 4-1/8" long Vented version. We are making them for HP models 4095TS, 4595TS, and the 995TS.

We will also be producing a slightly modified version for the 9mm w/ATI stocks. For the ATI stock, the shroud will incorporate a protruding rear-mounted locating pin instead of the squared key area on the rail. The frontal flat area of the ATI stock would require that a hole be drilled thru the plastic to act as the locator hole for the pin at the rear of the shroud. It will be more obvious when we post some pics of the Integrated rail/shrouds for the ATI stock.
    j.

15. Integrated Rail & Barrel Shrouds SHORT Straight Vents 5.jpg
    Will this be offered in Black?
    If so, I want one!

16. MachoMelvin

Vented black would be cool!

17. Just did a track on my black integrated shroud. Should have it in my grubby hands tomorrow.