Factory C-9 carbon fiber grips installed

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by panoz77, May 2, 2015.

1. panoz77

panoz77 Member

Just in case you were interested in what they looked like installed.

[​IMG]

2. 0311

0311 Member

Looking good. I have the digi camo ones on my C9. Still on the fence as far as the look goes.

3. case

case Member

I ordered those grips. They looked better in my mind. I feel like if I could make the slide more two tone they would look better on the gun

4. case

case Member

I may try to do somethin to my c9 slide like the 380. Not sure how to go about it...

5. 0311

0311 Member

I'm thinking of doing mine like this 45, but with the digital grips.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 2, 2015
  6. case

case Member

Yea that'd be cool

7. VinnieD

VinnieD Member

Well that made up my mind on which grips I'm getting.

8. wingman

wingman Member

Just installed the carbon fiber grips on my 380 this afternoon. My wife and I both like them a LOT.

9. Hipointer

Hipointer Member

Damn, like those. I got the American flag ones on one of my C9's, and I think that would look good on the other.

10. steve_O86

steve_O86 Member

Sure beats the hell out of my ductape grips what did those run you?

11. steve_086, check out the Hi Point site. I think they're like $20.

I stand corrected, they're $17

I like how the carbon fiber grips look. Thinking about having my 995 dipped in carbon fiber. But I'm not sure. I think the carbon fiber needs to be offset by black, looks good on the C9 grips but I half way think a whole stock would be too much and not enough black to offset it.

12. steve_O86

steve_O86 Member

Yeah id agree with that but ive seen the carbon fiber look done in different colors. That would look cool

13. steve_O86

steve_O86 Member

All it takes is a little sand paper and a multitool with v a buffing wheel and a little polishing compound start with rough to tear down that pwder coat thats some though stuff i started with. 80,150,180,220,400,600,800,2000,Then polish to a shine you problably dont ave to go through the grains like that you can skip the 180 and even the 600 but move through the grains in step

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  14. Yeah, I was thinking about carbon fiber over an OD green base coat.