Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a relatively cheap Center Point 3-9 x 32 with illuminating red/green cross-hairs, with an overall length of 13 inches (a bit larger for the carbine). I can see well through it. I also got a set of weaver scope rings, but they are loose when I mount them on the factory weaver rail that came with the 995.
Anyone has experienced the same problem with their stock rail?
No mater how much I tighten the screws on the scope rings to the rail, they are still loose. Maybe a problem with the precision mnf. with the original rails???

Maybe I should try another set of weaver scope mounting rings?? The ones I bought were made by Weaver, so I would think they correctly machine them to fit they bases

·
Registered
41 Posts
I assume you got the Center Point at WM. If so, and you got the Weaver rings there too, you may have gotten a set of bad rings. I bought a cheap set of the WM weaver rings a while back and had the same problem. I couldn't tighten them up on a stock 1022 rail. I guess that's what one gets when you pay $7.00 for a set of rings, even though they say Weaver on them.

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
I have the same scope, the rings came with it, 99% sure your problem is not the rings, did you install the little metal insert that goes in between the mount on the 995? There is a small metal rail that fits inside the scope mount to support the outer rails, if you do not insert this you will just bend the outer rails and it will never tighten. You could replace the factory rail with bushmans rail, it is 1000x better.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got both the Center Point scope and the rings at wallmart, about $9 I believe for the rings.

I saw the small rail that was included with the weaver rail from the factory, but I couldn't figure out what it was for. I though it might go in between the weaver rail mount, but once I installed the weaver rail on the 995, I left the small rail out. Does it just snap into the middle line of the larger weaver rail? I'll try that. Thanks for the heads up.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did put in that small middle rail into the weaver base mount. That seemed to remedy the loose problem at fiirst, but when I took it the range, after shooting about 30 rds, it became loose again, not as bad as before adding the middle rail, but still enough play on the scope to render it innacurate. I think I'll get one of the bushmans rail.

Any mounting problems associated with Bushmans??

Thanks,

Ben

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
No, the Bushman rail is a direct bolt on fit, you still have to use the metal plates on the bottom of the receiver cover, it is the way to go.

The metal insert is a push fit into the original rail, you may have bent the outer rails when you first tried to fit the scope rings, did you locktight all of your screws, this is always the best way to prevent screws on rings and mounts for scopes from loosening.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.