Fair price? (redux, yeah)

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Ridge, Nov 26, 2007.

1. Ridge

Ridge Member

$150 a piece...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 150 dollars?

I would say that is a good price for 2 of them.

3. How many did you buy?

Edit, this was sarcastic, I wouldn't pay over $100.00 for any type of MN rifle. The 3 of them that I've bought all came for around $85.00.

4. Ridge

Ridge Member

Thanks for the headsup guys :) I'll hold off, then...

5. Mike_AZ

Mike_AZ U.S.S. Member

Just watch your local big5 sporting goods ad. They have M44s or 91/30s on sale every few weeks for $79-$89. There is one in Aurora.

6. Wow, maybe my area is just pricy, but I've never seen an M44 go below 120 (which is what I got mine at). At least not one with all matching numbers....

7. I got mine on a trade for a Mossberg rifled barrel that was collecting dust here.

Btw, that's one hell of a gunshop. My local gunshops are like "hole in a wall" places. Not much to'em.

8. Ridge

Ridge Member

Thats the Gander Mountain ;)

9. WOW :shock: i have seen semi autos for that price

10. I wish I had a gander local. Despite that rip!

11. elguapo

elguapo Guest

Look at Taurus' sigline....

12. neothespian

neothespian Member

It seems everyone beat me to the punch on the pricepoint...

But I'm big on, well, Big5 sporting goods. The manager himself sold me my M44 and even took the time to open up ALL the boxes until he found a clean condition Soviet numbered weapon. Then, he gave me a heads up on a local gunshop that sold 7.62x54r for cheaper than what Big5 carried. Now that's service!

Out the door was $100, and that included the shoulder strap, original leather ammo pouches (2), oil can, extra tools, and a candy bar and cold coke.

13. Ridge

Ridge Member

I'll check out my local Big 5 tomorrow, then...

14. Mike_AZ

Mike_AZ U.S.S. Member

15. Ridge

Ridge Member

So I went to Big 5 and the 44s there had a price tag of $179...I told the manager that it had been suggested I can get them cheaper here, so he said he'd do $99...includes the sling, clip pouch and oil can...

I also noticed the bolts were a lot tighter...the one I handled at Gander wobbled like mad when the bolt was pulled back, but the ones at Big5 were as tight as a Catholic schoolgirl...I get paid tomorrow, and I'll check out the gun show this weekend, and unless I end up buying something at the show, i'll probably go pick one of those up...

16. Mike_AZ

Mike_AZ U.S.S. Member

Yeah, that is their "regular" price, but they go on sale all the time for $89. This past weekend they were $79 for their after Thanksgiving sale. Their flyer comes out in the Sunday paper and you can view them on the website.

17. I didnt get a sling and dog collars with mine, nor any other accessories with mine, but it was in beaaauuutifil condition.

18. Taurus, your M44 has the best looking furniture of all the MN rifles that I have seen in this area. You got a hell of a deal for $100.00, just on that aspect alone.

Ridge, if the manager of your Big5 said he'd go down to $99.00, jump on it, unless you just want to wait for a sale.

19. Ridge

Ridge Member

Like I said, Im gonna see what is up for sale at the show this weekend, and if I dont get anything then I'll go back and get it...