Fairwell to the Hooptie

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by greg_r, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Hipointer

Hipointer Member

Damn greg_r! That was a close one! Thank God everything is okay.

Merle likes this.
  2. It blew the head off. Yes that massive assembly was a cylinder head

Merle likes this.

3. Greg, with all the things happening this year to you and your family, you are using up my quota of answered prayers! I haven't talked to God this much since I was praying for a bicycle when I was 9.
    You all need to just chill out and stay home!
    (prayers for you and your family...)

4. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    Damn. That cylinder head was as big as a whole normal engine.

undeRGRound likes this.
  5. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    The mounts were excellent. They were twisting that frame just fine until the explosion separated parts essential to torque generation.

And that’s why diesel vehicles tend to have stronger front suspensions than gas. Gotta hold that monster of a block and head up, and it’s not light.

undeRGRound likes this.
  6. Think1st

Florida
    Before Camo clarified it for me, I thought the whole engine blew out and not just a head. I thought the mounts broke, so that's why I said he needed better mounts.

undeRGRound and ajole like this.
  7. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    As a kid, I went to a pull in our county fair, and some guy had a 1st Gen Bronco with a diesel in it, he had flipped the exhaust manifolds over, and then ran stacks straight up through the hood off them, the whole system was only about 4 feet long on each side.
    He then ran oversized injectors, and blew flames about 8 feet long out of each stack. Like afterburners or a gas torch, this wasn’t lazy fire, this was a cohesive column of fire that looked like it was getting things done, even though it was just for show.

Pretty impressive to a 17 year old kid.

undeRGRound, SWAGA and Think1st like this.
  8. Think1st

Florida
    Pretty impressive to a grown man, too.

9. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

This what will happen when Greg gets a boat.....

[​IMG]

10. Think1st

Florida
    Nah. That's just what will happen to the next car. THIS is what would happen if he had a boat... Capture+_2020-09-20-20-09-16~2.png

11. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

We may need to add a verb to the HPFF vernacular:

Gregged - to get yo shit all busted up

12. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Anyone else have the urge to push the boat out further? LOL

13. missiledefender

missiledefender Supporting Member

There are more hippies up north. Being a White Trash, Yankee, Carpet Bagger (as I have been called), I prefer the people and weather down South.

More than once I have heard..."You aint frum 'round here...r yoooo?"

Guess its the Rocky Balboa sounds that come outta my mouth and the My Cousin Vinny style wisecracks.

Merle likes this.
  14. Pappy Bruce

Pappy Bruce Member

Glad that everyone is safe and okay!! You never know when life is going to throw at you. Stay strong and hope everyone recovers okay.

15. Think1st

Florida
    I grew up in the Mid-West, Rockies, and the Pacific Coast, but being around friends from The South in the Army gave me an accent that many have thought to have a bit of a hickish twang. When I show up in places down here in the more out-of-the-way locations, I don't get taken for an outsider. I'm surprised that didn't happen to you, too.

16. missiledefender

My "Rocky" accent has smoothed out because of the "Hunie, can u say tah agun...I dunt undstand yu"

SO, not making fun...none of us talk (taulk in my area) "proper English". It also depends on my level of inebriation, how pissed off I am and if I am tired or not. People that knew me for YEARS couldn't understand me when I got mad or a wee tanked up.

My Old Lady does it too. Shes a Military Brat and lived in Missouri (NOT Mizzor-ah, anyone that says that is NOT from Missouri) for most of her life. We'd go to see her family and she'd have a "Na-ce, kuntrie ta-wang"...THEN we'd see my family in Philly and in two days she sounds like Ann Dresher, from The Nanny untitled.png .

We were getting in an elevah-tuh and the doors closed, we were alone. I looked at her and said; "I dunt kah wha akcent, buh can ya jst pik one and fukun stik wit it".

Merle and undeRGRound like this.
  17. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Someone tell Fran that when they forget your name, you're officially a "Has Been".

fatal-bert33 likes this.
  18. missiledefender

I still remember her name. She STILL looks good. Probably not rockin the size 6 mini any more but still pretty.

19. Think1st

Florida
    Fran's no has-been. But, damn, those minis she wore were about the only reason I watched the show back in the day.:D