Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This gun was given to a friend after her step father passed away. It is stamped SPESCO ATL GA, made in Japan.
Barrel reads Falcon model 337 custombilte 20 gauge 2 3/4in choke full.
It appears to have been cut down, but does have a bead sight on it.
Haven't measured it myself, but the owner says the barrel is 19 inches, with a 30 inch overall length. Believe this is legal length, but will have to check to be sure.
It also appears to be missing some kind of medallion on the sides.
I've tried looking up info on Google, but that turns up Italian or Czech, nothing Japanese made.
Anyone got any information on history of these?
Hand Wood Gesture Finger Hand tool
Wood Material property Font Post-it note Jewel case
Product Publication Material property Font Post-it note

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
Spesco was an importer not a manufacturer. They imported pistols from Spain and West Germany, shotguns from Japan and the Philipines. The imported firearms were marketed as Phoenix, Falcon, Eagle and other such bird names.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Spesco was an importer not a manufacturer. They imported pistols from Spain and West Germany, shotguns from Japan and the Philipines. The imported firearms were marketed as Phoenix, Falcon, Eagle and other such bird names.
What little I found said as much. SPESCO contracted the work out to foreign manufactures, then imported them.
Was hoping to find information as to specific manufacture as well as maybe a manufacture date range. But Google searches showed no models made in Japan. Not that I have found yet anyways

·
Super Moderator
9,220 Posts
There were only a couple Japanese shotgun manufacturers- the biggest is Miroku.
There was another lesser manufacturer, whose name escapes me (and who is out of business).

Have you tried reaching out on ShotGunWorld? https://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/

Reactions: mej24 and FlashBang

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes I have a Spesco Corp Atlanta Georgia falcon 1400 model 337 custom built 410 with a 2 and 3/4 in falcon choke full I want to see how much it is worth cuz I cannot find them anywhere

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
Yes I have a Spesco Corp Atlanta Georgia falcon 1400 model 337 custom built 410 with a 2 and 3/4 in falcon choke full I want to see how much it is worth cuz I cannot find them anywhere
It's worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. But reality wise... it's worth about $100 due to no parts available and no intrinsic collector value.

·
Super Moderator
5,295 Posts
It's worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. But reality wise... it's worth about $100 due to no parts available and no intrinsic collector value.
I was going with $75, but I guess it depends on the area and market

Reactions: FlashBang and Rerun

·
Super Moderator
9,220 Posts
I'd guess $100 tops - even if it was in great shape. Spesco wasn't known for premier firearms.

·
Super Moderator
5,295 Posts
I'd like to find an H&R single shot 16 gauge. I'd settle for a 20. Nice light hill gun for hunting bunnies and grouse/ringnecks. One of those for $100 I'd be all over

Reactions: Rerun

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,345 Posts
I'd like to find an H&R single shot 16 gauge. I'd settle for a 20. Nice light hill gun for hunting bunnies and grouse/ringnecks. One of those for $100 I'd be all over
$100 is the most I've ever paid for those. And normally they go for $75 at the most for a really decent one. I've gotten 8 or 9 over the years.

·
Super Moderator
5,295 Posts
$100 is the most I've ever paid for those. And normally they go for $75 at the most for a really decent one. I've gotten 8 or 9 over the years.
So it looks like I ought to visit you - but not till May or July

Reactions: undeRGRound

·
Super Moderator
5,295 Posts

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,345 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts