Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,019 Posts
It was nice meeting him. Shorter then I thought. Lol
I thought we were about the same height, Lance :D

My son is the tall one. I almost got on him when he was taunting you about your Gun-bunny status, but I figured it was a vet thang amd stayed out of it...

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,019 Posts
AMTRAK? Gosh you ARE a glutton for punishment aren’t you
30 hours, as advertised but we had a layover at one station in ND so it was closer to 33 hours. I'll get a sleeper next time!
It was a fun trip for sure! But the seats are not comfortable for sleeping.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Back in 1982, I attended the US Navy's 3rd Annual Photo Reconnaissance Derby working with the judging team.

We flew from Naval Air Facility, Washington, DC to Naval Air Station Fallon, Nevada on a Navy C-9 - the flight took about 4 hours.

After two weeks of contesting by 15 squadrons (5 F-14/TARPS, 2 RF-8G, 3 Marine RF-4, 5 USAFR RF-4), the winners - Marine, USAFR, Navy RF-8G were given their trophies.

We returned to NAF Washington by C-118. The trip took nearly 10 hours airtime. We stopped near St. Louis to refuel. Again in West Virginia. And vectored to South Carolina to avoid fog.

Finally arriving nearly 20 hours after leaving NAS Fallon.

eldar

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,019 Posts
Back in 1982, I attended the US Navy's 3rd Annual Photo Reconnaissance Derby working with the judging team.

We flew from Naval Air Facility, Washington, DC to Naval Air Station Fallon, Nevada on a Navy C-9 - the flight took about 4 hours.

After two weeks of contesting by 15 squadrons (5 F-14/TARPS, 2 RF-8G, 3 Marine RF-4, 5 USAFR RF-4), the winners - Marine, USAFR, Navy RF-8G were given their trophies.

We returned to NAF Washington by C-118. The trip took nearly 10 hours airtime. We stopped near St. Louis to refuel. Again in West Virginia. And vectored to South Carolina to avoid fog.

Finally arriving nearly 20 hours after leaving NAS Fallon.

eldar
But, on the way back you were flying against the rotation of the Earth, so there's that...

:D

21 - 26 of 26 Posts