False Advertising

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by TNTRAILERTRASH, Jun 21, 2020.

1. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

I bought 4 thick chunks of beef cuts called "mock tenders." Turns out they're supposed to be chewy.:mad: I'm pissed. They didn't have any "eye of chuck" in the meat section. I may slice them up for fajitas when my peppers come in. My neighbor has a whole lot of onion growing.

2. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Stop posting drunk.
    This isn’t Facebook.

3. TNTRAILERTRASH

No booze today thanks for playing asshole.

Edknn likes this.
  4. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Just make Swiss steak or pot roast out of it. Braise it low and slow.

5. @TNTRAILERTRASH Yer beef cuts just called and they're tenderly mocking you.

6. TNTRAILERTRASH

:(

7. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

[​IMG]

You need the Word of Jezus

harleyboy65, Think1st and moona11 like this.
  8. TNTRAILERTRASH

JeZus loves you. I still think you're a butthead

9. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Use them to make a pot of beef stew... or hand chop it to little fingernail sized pieces and make chili. I use chuck for chili all the time. Brown the meat in bacon fat, set aside, add your onions and cook until clear(just starting to get tender), add garlic and cook a bit then add 1/2 cup of mild chili powder per pound of meat and cook that until fragrant, add your hot chili powder(I add half here and half 30 minutes before it is done cooking for a more fresh chili taste and heat, add all at once for less heat), cover in beer, add some beef better than bullion(beef base) and simmer until meat is tender. Thicken with masa flour slurry if you like that flavor(adds sweetness and a corn flavor). Serve over beans if desired. Great for chili cheese dogs!

fatal-bert33 and Think1st like this.
  10. TNTRAILERTRASH

Yeah I don't do beef stew. I like carrots just not cooked. Your other recipe sounds pretty good

11. TNTRAILERTRASH

Pulled one out of the freezer. I will try marinading it balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and garlic powder. I have some sea salt I bought and never used. You somehow coat the meat with it to tenderize it. I'll cook it tomorrow.

12. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    You know...stew doesn’t HAVE to have carrots in it.

Another option. Jerky.

MaryB and moona11 like this.
  13. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Beat me to it Ajole LOL stew can have whatever you like in it!

To speed up a dry marinade like that vacuum bag the meat after coating it, will help the seasonings penetrate. If I am wet marinading I use a large canning jar and the jar sealer attachment but that requires care because the liquids might boil as you pull a vacuum.

14. TNTRAILERTRASH

It's hotter'n hay-deez out there. Stew is winter food to me. I have been known to flash cook a chuck roast on a rack. in a 500* oven. If this isn't to my liking I have 3 more in the icebox. ;)

15. TNTRAILERTRASH

IMG_20200705_092335.jpg 500* 16 minutes. It's like butter! :bacon:140* with the meat thermometer in the center. This thing was black before I put it on the rack. It's redder than what the pic shows.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
    ajole and Dubar like this.
  16. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

I would have chucked the chuck, but you did good Trashy :cheers:

TNTRAILERTRASH likes this.
  17. TNTRAILERTRASH

Chuck roast has a bunch more fat. Never have marinated one of them. I usually do them 500* for 15-18 minutes, then 300* for 15 more. This was just 15 as it was small.

18. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

One end of the chuck roast comes form the rib rack area and has some really tender steaks in it. That is where the chuck steaks come from. When I bought whole chuck rolls I would take 3-4 1" steaks off the rib end. Then cut the rest into 3" thick roasts. Chuck roast slow smoked is good stuff. Foil after it gets out of the stall temp to finish cooking. Shreds like pulled pork and makes great smoked beef sandwiches. Save all the juices to mix into the shredded meat.

19. Twisty

Twisty Simple by choice Supporting Member

Wrong.