Families sue Lanza estate.......

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by SWAGA, Mar 14, 2015.

1. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

2. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Saw that..... We'll see how far this flies

3. SWAGA

Well........just my opinion but I do partially blame the mom.
    But she paid for her mistake with her life.
    I also partially blame the dad for leaving the kid for his ex wife to deal with.

4. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    While I am sorry for the families' losses, I hope that the judge tosses the case as a frivolous lawsuit and bounces the court fees back to them. The precedent that a victory for them would set would would be horrible. Theoretically, it would allow people to sue the owners of stolen vehicles if those vehicles were used in a manner that killed innocent people, such as when a criminal carjacks someone and then causes a fatal crash while fleeing from the police.
    Heck, if someone had a vehicle stolen because he left the keys in the ignition, he could end up liable for its misuse based on the logic of this suit.

As far as the lawsuit against the owner of Bushmaster goes, that is a non-starter. The Clinton Regime tried to use the same approach against manufacturers during the '90s, and the courts stopped them cold. This is another part of their lawsuit that I look forward to seeing them lose big time.

5. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Heck yes! Sue EVERYONE!

Sue the doctors for not locking him up. Sue the school for not hiring security. Sue the government for not allowing the teachers to carry. Sue the police for not responding faster.

What? None of that makes sense?

Then, neither does suing the mom.:cool:

I agree with SWAGA that she bears "some" fault. I do not, in any way, agree that it is something that should be handled legally, exactly as I feel about all the other things I said above. Not civil, not criminal.

6. Are they going to sue the asphalt company for paving a road to the school? How about the car manufacturer?

Let's not forget the doctors and the hospital where he was born...

7. SWAGA

And the head shrinker that treated him?

8. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

This is a money grab.

What benefit will come of suing a dead person? It will teach that dead person a lesson? Will the dead person not give the location of the key to a gun safe in their future?

Ludacris.... :loco:

9. SWAGA

They're suing the estate which means whatever she left to whomever.

10. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    I'm sure they are looking for out of Court settlements in both the Mother's estate and the Gun Mgr. And they will probably get it. Many times it's cheaper to reach a settlement than the cost of a law suit. And the lawyers will be the winners.

11. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

What are they gonna give them? The guns that her son didn't steal? :rofl:

Didn't they already tear down her house? Who got that money? or did they deduct it from her estate too? :shaking head:

Last edited: Mar 14, 2015
  12. Think1st

Florida
    I don't even want to see that happen. It would still set a bad precedent. To hell with those greedy, pro-authoritarian pricks. I hope that they all get stuck with court fees when their unfounded cases get thrown out.:mad:

13. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

Bushmaster, I suspect, is gonna draw the court case out as long as their money holds out. Make the court costs eat up as much of the prosecutors money as they can.

14. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

I'm not convinced that this is all about money. I think it is more likely that it is a bunch of people who are desperate to make sure SOMEONE (almost anyone, really) "pays" for the tragedy.

Peace favor your sword (mobile)

15. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    What Kirk said.

They don't want money, they want to "send a message".

That message is; Guns are bad, if you unreasonably insist on having those killing machines in your house, you can, and will, be liable for anything that ever happens involving your gun, no matter how the bad guy got your guns. So you better spend tons of money securing them...or better yet, just don't have them.:cool:

It's social engineering. Many people think guns are bad, but they are still in favor of having one, just in case. If you can get a court to call it negligence when someone steals your guns, you are closer to persuading people that guns, even though they may be useful in an extreme situation, just aren't worth the risk.

I mean, hey, if it saves just one life...:rolleyes:

16. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

We'll all lose in the end, though.

17. Altic sazquatch

Altic sazquatch The Chair-Crippler Member

Let's have a sueance...

http://southpark.cc.com/clips/410453/sir-harrington

18. Think1st

Florida
    That is exactly the precedent that I don't want set with these court cases. It is why I view the plaintiffs as just a bunch of agents for the authoritarian agenda and hope that they get financially crushed as punishment for trying to unjustly financially crush other parties in the name of nefarious political objectives.