Family photo and range report.

Discussion in 'General Hi-Point Discussion' started by Irishfanatik, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Irishfanatik

Irishfanatik Supporting Member

I just thought it would be a good time to take a family photo. I had the 995ts and jcp40 at the range today and it was awesome. I love these two guns. The 40 took a little work tweaking the magazines in the beginning. But ever since, this gun has been a champ. Today I shot 200 rounds of assorted brands of ammo through it, mostly cheap stuff, the cheapest being Federal aluminum. It shot every round with no failures of any kind. I had no failures with the 995ts, as well, but that is always the case.

I just bought the c9 compensator on an auction and haven't shot it yet. I called Mom yesterday and have a few parts on the way for it. As soon as I replace the broken firing pin spring, this gun is going to the range. I can't wait.

There is a new dealer in Omaha for Hi Points and I think in the next couple weeks I'm finally going to pull the trigger on either the 40 or 45 carbine. The new place seems to have pretty fair prices, and I want another carbine. I wouldn't mind hearing people's opinions on which one would be better. I have the 40 hi point already, so maybe I should get the 4595. Then I would have a fine excuse for buying a jhp45.

Attached Files:

2. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

I've got a 4095 myself and I love the thing. The bonus for buying the 4095 NOW is the fact that the mags swap from pistol to carbine and vice versa. They do as well between the JHP and the 4595, but you don't have either yet. Which also gives you a great excuse to buy a 4595 as well. Never mind the 'bigger is better' crap, buy whatever you want for your next toy. No matter which way you go, you'll be happy enough to decide you need another one.

3. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

Irish you are out of control!! Jk

I've got the 4595ts and I love it! And with the federal aluminum stuff being 14.99 at wally world it's really not that expensive to shoot either.

Fun fun fun!!!

4. Irishfanatik

Irishfanatik Supporting Member

I think my wife would agree with you. At the start of the year I knew very little about hi point, mostly just what I heard from people that had never owned one. Now I own three, am glad that I didn't listen to those naysayers, and I'm looking forward to another purchase. That just might be out of control.

Also prior to my new hi point addiction I had never stolen anything in my life, but recently I have stolen your tag line several times.

Fun fun fun!!! Haha. Please don't turn me in to the authorities. :rofl:

5. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Thinking of getting your 4th one, eh? "That just might be out of control."? "hi point addiction"? Yea you craaazzy!!! Slow down before you hurt yourself. It's already turning you to the thug life. Soon you'll be shootin' it sideways and callin' it a Glock.

BTW I have 25 of them. But it's cool. I can stop anytime I want. Melvin's the one with the addiction.