Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,976 Posts
You need one of these... I've only seen two.
upload_2021-1-7_9-57-39.png

Reactions: Rerun

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
2,952 Posts
Prolly not the best time to post pics of the family... not like they don't know anyway!!!

Either way - nice "family" ^^

Reactions: Rabidwookie

·
What the Hell was that?
674 Posts
Prolly not the best time to post pics of the family... not like they don't know anyway!!!

Yeah, its fixin'to get Really bad.:( Never thought that a threat to the Constitution this BAD would happen in my lifetime, but here it is.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
View attachment 69977
I know. I've been keeping my eyes out for one, but at the price of Ravens these days, even for unshootable beaters, I'm sure I could come close to a decent CZ-38 for similar scratch. That's not to say that I wouldn't try to work out a deal if I stumbled into one.

Yeah I suppose, but a bunch of Ravens in the hands of a collector who doesn't really shoot them is probably viewed as preferable to having them on the street. Plus, I'd like to think there are bigger fish to fry. By the time .gov worries about a serious collector with some SNS pistols, they'll have already come for everything else.

·
Premium Member
35,661 Posts
By the time .gov worries about a serious collector with some SNS pistols, they'll have already come for everything else.
And they will have killed millions, because there is NO way they get that far, otherwise.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And they will have killed millions, because there is NO way they get that far, otherwise.
^^^This^^^ :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Most likely.

I just don't see door to door confiscation happening. We saw massive non-compliance with the SAFE Act in New York and the bump-stock ban at state and national levels... and very little effort by law enforcement, outside of major cities, to pursue things any further.

A 1934, 1968, 1986, 1989, and/or 1994 style sweeping legislative act that seeks "reasonable" measures to stifle the "public health crisis" that is "gun violence"... yeah, I could see that. Still though, I think even moderates on the left know that it is a losing issue and I'm not sure how hard they'll push for legislation or even if they'd vote for it.

Time to bring it back full circle so this remains on topic and doesn't turn into a politics thread; I suspect the biggest threat to Ravens everywhere is gun buybacks. As a criminal tool, they're less and less frequent in crimes (used to be top 5 for many years in the FBI stats) and they're beginning to rise in value so that it no longer makes sense to buy one as a GAT versus a HiPoint. Buybacks though, that quick $100-$200 is tempting to someone cleaning out their sock drawer who finds a chromed out pistol of unknown caliber. Those people have no appreciation for the minute variations within the design and manufacturing history of the Raven and no chance is given to see if a particular gun might be worth saving (we aren't talking about something obvious like an MP-44 here). Frankly, from a distance, the transitional Baldwin Park P-25s look exactly like the early Industry P-25s, even though there's numerous variations crammed into that <10,000 serial block. So who knows what valuable examples have been crushed and melted because of buy backs. The shame of it all.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
View attachment 69977
Do we have contact info for the owner of one of these factory "engraved" Ravens? I can only find this same photo, in various resolutions and sizes, online. I'd be interested to get more information about them, for a project of mine, but there is almost nothing.

·
Super Moderator
8,976 Posts
The "engraving" is actually cast into the slide and is exactly the same pattern as was used on the factory "engraved" Jennings J-22 slide.
upload_2021-1-12_9-9-44.png

BTW, I've never seen a NIB factory engraved Jennings J-22. Someone posted on the BJJA forum that Numrich bought the remaining "engraved" J-22 slides when Jennings/Bryco went bankrupt decades ago; I'm sure those slides ended up on a wide range of serial numbers.

Reactions: bumthum

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The "engraving" is actually cast into the slide and is exactly the same pattern as was used on the factory "engraved" Jennings J-22 slide.
View attachment 70121

BTW, I've never seen a NIB factory engraved Jennings J-22. Someone posted on the BJJA forum that Numrich bought the remaining "engraved" J-22 slides when Jennings/Bryco went bankrupt decades ago; I'm sure those slides ended up on a wide range of serial numbers.
When I get the chance to put my thoughts together, I'll PM you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts