Famous Quotes

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by SHOOTER Z, Dec 1, 2007.

1. SHOOTER Z

SHOOTER Z Well-Known Member

Look around you. In the 7th cavalry, we've got a captain from the Ukraine; another from Puerto Rico. We've got Japanese, Chinese, Blacks, Hispanics, Cherokee Indians. Jews and Gentiles. All Americans. Now here in the states, some of you in this unit may have experienced discrimination because of race or creed. But for you and me now, all that is gone. We're moving into the valley of the shadow of death, where you will watch the back of the man next to you, as he will watch yours. And you won't care what color he is, or by what name he calls God. They say we're leaving home. We're going to what home was always supposed to be. Now let us understand the situation. We are going into battle against a tough and determined enemy.
    I can't promise you that I will bring you all home alive. But this I swear, before you and before Almighty God, that when we go into battle, I will be the first to set foot on the field, and I will be the last to step off, and I will leave no one behind. Dead or alive, we will all come home together. So help me, God.
    Lt. Colonel Hal Moore [When We Were Soldiers]

2. neothespian

neothespian Member

First off....Shooter Z: LOVE the quote. Wasn't big on the movie, but that was purely from an entertainment standpoint.

A few I've always loved.

"...A building is a symbol, as is the act of destroying it. Symbols are given power by people. A symbol, in and of itself is powerless, but with enough people behind it, blowing up a building can change the world."

-V, "V for Vendetta"

"...Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all. This job goes south, there well may not be another. So here is us, on the raggedy edge. Don't push me, and I won't push you. Dong-luh mah? "

-Capt. Malcom Reynolds, "Serenity"

3. Sergeant Edgar Millen: I'm going to close my eyes and pray you disappear.
    [shuts both eyes, pauses, than opens one eye]
    Sergeant Edgar Millen: Never had much luck prayin'.

4. elguapo

elguapo Guest

Private Witt:"You ever feel lonely?"
    Sergeant Welsh" Only around People,"

5. I wish i could verify this, but I like it just the same........

When in England at a fairly large conference, Colin Powell was asked by

the Archbishop of Canterbury if our plans for Iraq were just an example

of empire building by George Bush.

He answered by saying,

"Over the years, the United States has sent many of its fine young men

and women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders.

The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return is enough

to bury those that did not return."

It became very quiet in the room.

6. During the American civil war, at the battle of Spotsylvania, Union General John Sedgwick' said laughingly,

'What! what! men, dodging this way for single bullets! What will you do when they open fire along the whole line? I am ashamed of you. They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance.'"

Sedgwick repeated this a few moments later, just before he was hit in the face by a bullet, probably from a Whitworth or similar rifle.

7. Here is one of my favorites :D

[Fire alarm goes off, all three cock their weapons, II Duce jumps behind Yakavetta and puts his shotgun to his head. Conner and Murphy jump onto tables]
    Connor: Now you will receive us.
    Murphy: We do not ask for your poor, or your hungry.
    Connor: We do not want your tired and sick.
    Murphy: It is your corrupt we claim.
    Connor: It is your evil that will be sought by us.
    Murphy: With every breath we shall hunt them down.
    Connor: Each day, we will spill their blood till it rains down from the skies.
    Murphy: Do not kill, do not rape, do not steal, these are principles that every man of every faith can embrace.
    Connor: These are not polite suggestions, these are codes of behavior and those of you that ignore them will pay the dearest cost.
    Murphy: There are varying degrees of evil, we urge you lesser forms of filth not to push the bounds and cross over, into true corruption, into our domain.
    Connor: For if you do, one day you will look behind you and you will see we three. And on that day, you will reap it.
    Murphy: And we will send you to whatever god you wish.
    [Murphy and Conner join II Duce behind Yakavetta]
    Connor, Murphy, Il Duce: And shepherds we shall be, For thee my lord for thee. Power has descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy commands. So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    Il Duce: In nomine Patri
    Connor: Et Fili
    Murphy: Spiritus Sancti
    [they execute Yakavetta]

also my signature is by far my favorite qoute of all time!

8. also i cant find who origanally said it but.........I dont beileve what you say is right but i will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

9. urotu

urotu Member

That's a quote from one of the best movies of all time, "the Boondock Saints". It's a quote from the final scene if I'm not mistaken.

Good quotes, Tombstone holds many of my favorite movie quotes of all time. How about..

"You gonna skin that smoke wagon, or just stand there and bleed?"

10. AGuyNamedMike

AGuyNamedMike Lifetime Supporter

Voltaire?

11. From Robert A. Heinlein
    Never insult anyone by accident.

From Ted Nugent
    "I don't mind it when stupid people say stupid things.
    Stupid people should be encouraged to say stupid things.
    That way we know who all the stupid people are."
    Ted Nugent

Ted may have said or repeated this also, but not 100% sure.
    "To my mind, it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic."

12. urotu

urotu Member

I'm still voting Uncle Ted for President.

13. elguapo

elguapo Guest

"Grab him by the nose and kick him in the $&*!!!!" General Patton

14. here are few more from 2 Great Men

these first few are from Winston Churchill

All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.

Although personally I am quite content with existing explosives, I feel we must not stand in the path of improvement.

I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter.

Bessie Braddock: “Sir, you are drunk.â€
    Churchill: “Madam, you are ugly. In the morning, I shall be sober.â€

Nancy Astor: “Sir, if you were my husband, I would give you poison.â€
    Churchill: “If I were your husband I would take it.â€

We shall not flag or fail. We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and the oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.

And here is a few from The Duke

"Well, there are some things a man just can't run away from."

"All battles are fought by scared men who'd rather be some place else."

"Out here a man settles his own problems."

"Out here, due process is a bullet."

15. $%^& Me, #&$^#!

-Primal Seal

16. SHOOTER Z

SHOOTER Z Well-Known Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Ya got me!

17. elguapo

elguapo Guest

"Three tears in a bucket

THey dont flow...

Motherfu$!@(%!!!!!!!"

The 13th Valley

18. Guess I have been quoting you for a long time :shock:

19. :shock: :oops:

I never knew I was famous.....

:lol:

20. Kelotravolski

Kelotravolski Member

Ha ha ha. I quoted myself as Kelotravolski in my yearbook! I also know 3 other people who quoted me.

anyway not a totally great quote but it was fun to have people quote me in their senior pic. They all knew it was me but now hundred of people will look back years later and see Kelo Travolski and wonder.... who is that?