Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My alternating 2 carry guns will be a Rossi .357, 2" snub nose revolver and a Taurus PT111 Millennium Pro 9mm. An H.K.S. speedloader for the revolver and a spare 12 round mag for the Mil Pro will provide some "extra" if needed. Each loaded gun and spare ammo fit very well and ride comfortably in a fanny pack. Any pro or con opinions on the use of a fanny pack would be appreciated.

·
Registered
90 Posts
cons: takes longer to unzip the fanny pack. also (for me) not as comfortable as drawing from a holster.

pros: it's the only way to carry in illinois (but it has to be unloaded :roll: part of their '6 seconds to safety' policy... too bad sometimes you don't always have six seconds.) and I guess it might be a little more concealed because a bg doesn't know exactly what's in the fanny pack...but i'm 23 and the only reason i'll have a fanny pack on me is if i'm packing.

I wouldn't fanny pack carry if I didn't have to, but that's the beauty of it--do what feels comfortable to you. if you like the fanny pack better than a holster, then by all means use a fanny pack. but like i said, i don't like it because it's more time consuming, and sometimes every second counts.

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
maybe it's just me but when i see someone who's not an aarp member with a fanny pack, i always assume they're packing heat. maybe the bad guys do too?

G

·
Cons:

1)Totally gay.
2)Totally gay.
3)Dead giveaway that you're carrying.
4)Totally gay.

Pros:

1)Will help you meet other gay men.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Pro:
Convenient
Visible Deterrant
Fits nearly any handgun

Con:
Dead Giveaway
Bulky
Unsightly

I agree that it's not quite fashionable and I'd say it's taking dressing for carry to the extreme. When we go into town, my girlfriend and I like to point out all the guys w/ Leather 'NRA' embroidered fanny packs.

Having met you, I'd say a Fanny Pack wont look good on ya.

Have you looked into pocket carry for the rossi?
Thunder Wear for either?
or a Day Planner?

G

·
One of my old bosses' was a Reserve Officer, and he had his glock carried in it, religiously. Then again, he was sorta portly, liked skin tight shirts, so no way other than the "*** bag" was an option for him.

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Each of my handguns fit comfortably and concealed in my right hand jeans pocket,without using a pocket holster,but,DeSantis makes some nice ones,particularly the "Nemesis" model.

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
The fanny pack is like saying that you are carring a handgun . Angel carries her S&W 38 in a fanny pack when she is outside doing yard work, it protect the handgun from dust and dirt .
Spot

·
Registered
719 Posts
part of their '6 seconds to safety' policy... .
OK wtf is this? And why do I know the answer is both amazingly stupid and going to make my brain hurt

·
Registered
285 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Uraijit said:
Cons:

1)Totally gay.
2)Totally gay.
3)Dead giveaway that you're carrying.
4)Totally gay.

Pros:

1)Will help you meet other gay men.[/quote

Funny, I was thinking the same thing.

·
Registered
90 Posts
OK wtf is this? And why do I know the answer is both amazingly stupid and going to make my brain hurt
unfortunately because of chicago the rest of us that live in illinois can't carry. but they did come out with an idea to let us carry, only problem is it has to be in a sealed case (ie zipped fanny pack) and unloaded. you can have loaded mags in the case, but not in the gun. they call it six seconds to safety because you *might* be able to unzip the fanny pack, remove the gun and mag, load the mag, rack a round, and aim at the bg in six seconds. the problem comes when the bg already has a loaded gun pointed at you =/

·
Registered
719 Posts
unfortunately because of chicago the rest of us that live in illinois can't carry. but they did come out with an idea to let us carry, only problem is it has to be in a sealed case (ie zipped fanny pack) and unloaded. you can have loaded mags in the case, but not in the gun. they call it six seconds to safety because you *might* be able to unzip the fanny pack, remove the gun and mag, load the mag, rack a round, and aim at the bg in six seconds. the problem comes when the bg already has a loaded gun pointed at you =/
So really it's 6 seconds to being killed will a an unloaded gun in your hand. Nice. maybe they could issue rubber knives for extra protection

·
Registered
90 Posts
actually i think illinois law makers thought the rubber knives were too dangerous, they recommend marsh mellows to throw at any would-be attackers :roll:

·
Registered
464 Posts
actually i think illinois law makers thought the rubber knives were too dangerous, they recommend marsh mellows to throw at any would-be attackers :roll:
Lemme guess....they banned the gun that shoots marshmallows, right?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts