Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(note: I posted this topic on another gun forum, but after I got tired of wading through all the "Hi-point sucks" BS, i decided to re-post it here, where it should have been to start with)

Ok, let me go ahead and say this. at 5' 10", 265 lbs, I ain't gonna suffer from miss-a-meal any time soon.

at this time, i am carrying a Hi point C-9, I have found that IWB carry is the best option for me right now. my question is this. the only problem I have with this is in the fact that the back of the slide, nearest my skin, suddenly becomes slightly uncomfortable when I'm sitting in a car, or bending over. the C-9 has a pretty much squared of slide rear, as do most other stryker fired weapons. what have any of yall folks raised on greens and cornbread like me done to counter this uncomfortable situation?

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
If you carry it at 6 o'clock, try and shift it to 4-5 or 7-8 positions. If you carry at these other positions, try shifting to 6 o'clockish.

When I carried IWB (I like my fobus now) I would constantly be shifting it. It's like one position can only handle so much discomfort. After an hour in another position, it feels great to shift it back. I even do this with my Fobus now. Not as large of a shift now, though.

I'm 6'3" 300lbs, I definitely won't starve to death anytime soon. I feel your pain, my friend.

G

·
You could do what my dad does, which is carry his CC weapon in the oh-so-stylish leather fanny pack (if your state permits it). I can't picture a family vacation without him wearing it.. Just an idea.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
I don't carry IWB anymore since getting my KT 380, but when I did I used to wear a simple t-shirt under my normal shirt. Prevented the slide from touching and rubbing bare skin. Also prevented it 'sticking' to me when I got hot and a little sweaty,...

Wait that didn't sound right, but the truth of it still remains.

G

·
Off related, but I carry a 1911 in a Fobus, and its the opposite: The safety digs in my side, so I am looking for a IWB that covers that.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I'll be checking back on this since I am in the same shape- 'round' that is :lol:

·
Banned
4,094 Posts
I carry my C9 in the fobus but at a 2oclock [in front of my pocket] it conceals very well with a shirt covering it [Ya I'm round as well :lol: ]

G

·
Another fatty here ;-) 5'9" 320. And that's after the 70#'s I've already lost! I carry a Kel Tec PF9 every day all day in an Uncle Mike's Sidekick Size1 IWB. I carry it at 3:00 to 3:30 and it's so comfortable that I find myself occasionally checking to make sure it's still there! ;-) Obviously an HP is going to be heavier and wider so the comfort issue is going to be less no matter what. :( PF9 is less than a pound loaded where as any HP is gonna be about 2 to 3 times as much. So no getting around the comfort issue completely IMHO. :?

G

·
When I carry I use the 2 o'clock or sometimes around 4:30. Depends on what I am doing. I am 5'7" and 282#. Those are the most comfortable. 2o'Clock is best when I am driving because it is easy access and covers well. The rest of the time I open carry. I guess I open carry more than anything.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Small of the back is a good one!!!

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
Small of the back is a good one!!!
I've see your videos on YouTube, you're about 165-185 tops, you can't suggest in the thread... :lol: "Never trust a skinny chef!"

·
Registered
917 Posts
I've see your videos on YouTube, you're about 165-185 tops, you can't suggest in the thread... :lol: "Never trust a skinny chef!"
Acctually im 115-122 soaking wet!!!!
L1

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
L1
Maybe it's your broad shoulders and deep voice that threw me!

·
Registered
917 Posts
L1
Maybe it's your broad shoulders and deep voice that threw me![/quote]LOL!!!! ROFL!!! Yeah... there was one time i cvalled my baby sister for the first time in a year and she was shaking her voice going "Who is this?? How did you get this number??" :lol:

·
Registered
733 Posts
OK I,M 6.1 290 ALL IN THE MIDDLE, SO I TRIED A CROSS DRAW FORGET IT..I COULD NOT REACH IT, SO I USE A SHOULDER HOLSTER.. I NEED TO LOSE 90 LBS BAD, HELP.

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
OK I,M 6.1 290 ALL IN THE MIDDLE, SO I TRIED A CROSS DRAW FORGET IT..I COULD NOT REACH IT, SO I USE A SHOULDER HOLSTER.. I NEED TO LOSE 90 LBS BAD, HELP.
Do what I do, eat 1/2 of your meal, and drink the rest of your drink... go smoke a cigarette. If you're still hungry after that, finish your meal... if not, toss it or save it for next time.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts