Father's Day

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by lklawson, Jun 20, 2015.

1. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

So let me get this straight, mother's Day is about being grateful for Mom and telling them that we appreciate all the hard work they do and sacrifices they made. Father's Day is apparently about telling men that they need to be better father's And stop being lazy poeple inattentive people.

Peace favor your sword (mobile)

2. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Now your catching on Kirk. Slow learner are you?:D

3. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

If he paid more attention to his kids instead of doing all that kung fu, he would have known that.

Father's Day is just another day at my house. Kids get beat, wife gets neglected, and I'm the one cooking dinner.

4. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

Not sure were you picked that up?

Fathers Day around here is where all my son's meet me at church to tell the whole congregation how swell a Dad I was & am!

I did not leave them or fail to support them
    I made it to most of their open houses @ school
    I made it to most of their ball games
    I made it to most of their Band Competitions
    I was at ALL the their Birthday parties & Christmas's too
    I got up in the middle of the night to retrieve them from the ditches they drove in to, Police Dept. that caught them in the ditch & the Hospital they went to in between said ditch & Police Dept.
    I attended all their Weddings, (1 each), & the births of their Babies, (after their Weddings)
    In other words, I have been there for them, their WHOLE lives!

The GREATEST gift a Father can give his children, is to LOVE their Mother!!!

Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
  5. moona11

Well aren't you special :p
    Next your going to tell us you bought them guns to ;)

6. MachoMelvin

No, just old fashion I guess?

7. moona11

My kids love me or I'll trade them for a Dragon:D

8. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Did you fly them into outer space and single handily conquer a new planet for them too? No? Then you're nothing special. You're just a good dad.

9. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

As my father has passed away I have a bit of ritual now. I pour a couple shots of good
    Scots Whiskey and slowly sip it while remembering both the good and the bad. The good out weighs the bad by a large margin but we need to remember the faults as these make the good even better and remind us that dads are human.

10. moona11

My dad left us when we were kids. Still lives in this town. He's a dickface but I still send him a card don't know why.

11. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

My father got an awesome Father's Day present. Pressure washed and bleached his house, gutters, driveway, patio, and garage; repainted his back patio, cleaned out the garage and workshop, I'm sending his car to my buddy's detail shop for a full recon, and I offered to cater the family reunion next weekend. All I have left to do is install two new ductless HVAC units, repair a couple of loose shutters on the second floor, and replace a couple of pieces of siding.

12. thundercroozer

thundercroozer Supporting Member

I'm on the same page as Steve, although, I'm still patiently waiting for my father to return from Vietnam, I pour 3 fingers of Tullamore Dew, any tell him about the years ups and downs, the lives of his grandkids, and great grandkids.

The same as I have done on Fathers Day for the last 36 years.

13. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

Personally, I HATE father's day.

Parents split when I was young. Dad never came to a baseball game, cub scout event, nothing. Tracked him down when I was getting married he couldn't make it.

Round my house, father's day is no biggie. My wife did me a real cool cake one year. Last few years, nothing.

Church does do a golf outing the day before (just did it today) but it's nothing real special. It is the only time I ever get to golf, so that's nice. But I'd almost rather not go, can't really play with a bunch of kids running around. We do get a small gift on Father's day gift at church, so that's neat.

Most years, not even a card from the kiddos...

Oh well, I just keep doing what I do and do my best and hope the girls appreciate it when they are older

14. MachoMelvin

I truly feel sorry, after hearing some of your stories. My Mom & Dad split up when I was 13. The were only separated for 3 years & my Dad came back. My sister & 3 other brothers call those the DARK years. We don't talk about it much. But my Mom & Dad re-married & it was like it never happened. My Mom passed away in 1997. So we all kind of look out for Dad, he is 81 now. He re-married a few years after MoM passed. He lives about 300 yards from my house. I see him 3 or 4 times a week. I just re-turned home from a Church Fathers Day dinner. He sits next to me every Sunday @ church. I know his day is coming & I will be very SAD when he's gone. But I am making sure he knows I love him every chance I get!!!

15. moona11

I realized early I would never be my dad. I do everything I can to be their for them and Evil. Our oldest isn't mine but he is. He called me dad and his dad by his name. Love the sh!t out out of those little monsters. They make worth everything. Our middle one saved me awhile back when I hit a bad spot. Could never ever repay him enough.

16. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

It does make me try to be a good dad. Ya'll know how I feel about my girls.

But father's day just really isn't a special day in my house :(

17. moona11

Its what you make it Tall. Its your day cause of those girls. Its every day brother.

18. When life gives you lemoms. I told my kids I don't care what they do for me. I spend all year doing my best for them so father's day I will eat bacon for breakfast. Shoot a gun or two, go to Gander mountain hoping they have some 22lr, and Chinese for dinner. Weather they do it with me is up to them :)

19. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

When you get done there..... I live at 112 skidoo place, cascade, idaho. :D