Favorite Plinking Targets

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by 1inthechamber, Dec 12, 2007.

1. 1inthechamber

1inthechamber Member

What's your favorite plinking target(s)?

I love shooting clays, Shoot-N-C, empty shotgun shells, empty soda cans/Powerade bottles, popsicle sticks.

I recently got a couple of those Jack in the Box antenna balls. I wish I could get more, they sure look like alot of fun to shoot at. :)

2. Bowling pins if I can find 'em.

3. Thayldt21

Thayldt21 Senior Member Member

Shoot N-C by far. I shoot at a range were only paper targets are allowed and I like to see the holes appear as I make them.

Not to mention the faces of the by standers as I change the color of the targets.

4. I have a friend that can get empty 30 gallon plastic barrels, and I print bullseye targets from the internet and tape them to the barrel.

I have also mounted tv satllite dishes to the top of the barrel and shot them up

5. freedom

freedom Member

Metal gongs or drop plates.

6. Mordecai

Mordecai Member

I go to a foresty range, where max range is about 50 yds. At that range, golf balls, at 10-25 yds, a dime

7. Silicon Wolverine

Silicon Wolverine Well-Known Member

out of date gumballs (i work for a vending company now), christmas bulbs around this time of year, and printer tragets from www.targetz.com.

SW

8. shootnc, 2 liter bottles, gallon jugs, computer(S), groundhogs, you know the usual.

9. Huggy

Huggy Member

SEPA
    I like golf balls, baseballs, shotgun shells, and poker chips... and of course soda cans.

10. Left over halloween pumpkins, love shooting them..........

11. Nothing but paper is allowed on the ranges I shoot at, so I print my targets from the net for the most part.

12. I've heard of people shooting shaving cream cans & propane bottles. Never tried it myself.

13. SHOOTER Z

SHOOTER Z Well-Known Member

Anything 2 legged that can run real fast :lol: RMF when are YOU ready for target practice :wink: NO just kidding folks. Only use paper targets as Me and RMF use the same range

14. Steel plates.... DINGGGGGGG.... That's a shoot n hear kinda target, good at and over 200 yards!

15. SteveD

SteveD Member

At home it usually pop cans and paper. Over at a freinds place it bowling pins and steel.

16. Where do you guys get all of these bowling pins from?

17. Orange clays....bowling pins...coffee cans

18. I went around to local bowling alleys and asked if they had any old pins...

19. I might have to try that myself thanks!

20. Sakdog

Sakdog Member

Shaving cream is a blast (Literally) Fun target to throw in the air and blast with shotgun... Rains down rich lather everywhere... I love shooting steel targets, Wally world soda (2.50) for a 12 pack. Of course I pick up the cans afterwards. Sporting clays laid out stationary. little rimfire spinner targets... and of course any containers filled with water. Ive always wanted to blast a propane bottle but here in Tucson, Az that is a death wish for starting a big fire.. Ive had one close call one time with a tracer almost starting a fire....Thats the end of pyrotechnics mixed with firearms for me.