Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought about posting this in politics, but I'm going to post it here and if need's be it may be transported to the Dark Room.

Anyway.

I had two FBI agents at my house on monday. I received a call at work around 2pm from the one of the agents, it came up on ID as "US GOV USPS" which I would read as US post office....strange to me. Anyway. They told me they were working on a "General" investigation. My brother is applying for a Federal Probation Officers job and is in the final stages of of the process so I thought they would be asking me questions about him as part of the background check but I was wrong.

They came over to my house at 5:35 (not promptly at 5:30 like I would expect from feds.) Anyway, they started asking me questions about my friend Josh.....flashback

Back in september Congressman Russ Carnahan's home was vandalized after his vote in favor of the first bailout. Also vandalized were six other conressman from Minnesota. Anyway, they came to my buddy Josh's house the week after it happened because he and my friend Bob had made a giant sign on a two shee's of plywood that said "Vote against Russ "Bailout" Carnahan" and taken it to the debate sponsored by the Missouri league of Women voters. They confiscated his PC for a week and ghosted the harddrive and when they showed up to my friend Bobs house their were five, count em, five agents. Note: Bob is a 50 year old concrete worker who wasnt politically involved before last year, nor was my friend Josh, he's 25.

The only reason I know these guys is because I met them during Ron Paul's presidential bid during the primaries. We organized with other folks in the St. Louis area and were successful in taking over the St. Louis city Republican Caucus. We would have taken the state were it not for some chicanery in the St. Charles area. Were now working in the state Repub party. I am the Vice Chair of the St. Louis Central Repub Committee and both Josh and Bob are now on the MO Repub. State Committee.

ANYWAY.

Heres what happened.

Josh filed a MO sunshine request for video tapes of Gov. Nixons office after the MIAC report on Militias in MO (Glenn Beck viewers know what I'm talking about, or just google it) was issued by the state troopers and the dept. of homeland security. Because Gov Nixon says the report was released without his knowledge even though his name is on it.

He filed his request at 10:30am and within two hours he was hearing from friends from highschool saying the FBI was showing up at their houses.

Also one of our friends that lives in St. Louis had a Ladue police detective show up asking the same questions (which brings in questions about jurisdiction and who was issuing order for investigation.)

So, saturday morning the four of us were on the radio being interviewed and Josh has also been called up and interviewed by no fewer than 7 media outlets.

It's getting a little wierd. We'll se where it goes, but I thought I would share.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I also forgot they tried to mind [email protected]$K me. They told me that someone, I don't remeber the name told me I was responsible for the vandalization of Congressman Carnahans house and then asked me what I thought about it. I told them that I didn't know what they were talking about and should stop making up names.

1. I don't believe in the destruction of other peoples property so I am morally outraged that they would implicate me in such things.

2. I view this as intimidation.

Also Lt. Gov. Peter Kinder has come out against the MIAC report on the state troopers have come out with an apology about the report and one of the other individuals responsible for the report have been put on administrative leave during the firestorm that has erupted after this whole debacle.

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
um... do you mind if I ask you to lift up your shirt and turn around 360 degrees? I think the feds are looking at this forum now, since you posted this in open forum...

·
Registered
17,728 Posts
I am moving this to the Dark Room....

Wow dude, that's just nuts.

·
Banned
19,436 Posts
welcome to the world of modern politics. the only time the FBI has showed up at my house was after i attmepted to order 25 lbs of scientific grade arsenic to make #8 shot (arsenic increases surface tension in molten metals). they just wanted to find out why and told me that ordering in that kind of quanitity raised a red flag so they checked it out. they alos said not to try and order that kind of quanityt again.

SW

·
Premium Member
2,413 Posts
welcome to the world of modern politics. the only time the FBI has showed up at my house was after i attmepted to order 25 lbs of scientific grade arsenic to make #8 shot (arsenic increases surface tension in molten metals). they just wanted to find out why and told me that ordering in that kind of quanitity raised a red flag so they checked it out. they alos said not to try and order that kind of quanityt again.

SW
I'm assuming that means you waited about 2 or 3 weeks and ordered 50 lbs.

·
Banned
10,225 Posts

SW
if it's not illegal, you should tell them to go f%&^ themselves (not that you didn't, I'm just saying in general). my 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
um... do you mind if I ask you to lift up your shirt and turn around 360 degrees? I think the feds are looking at this forum now, since you posted this in open forum...
I was going to post the same thing.
Oh well, guess I better expect the knock now.
If they were to accuse me or question me the way they did with you I wold have invited them to leave my property at that point and if they wanted to question me further than it would be in the presence of an attorney.
Nothing to hide, I just am not a fan of bullying or big brother.

·
Banned
10,225 Posts
I thought about posting this in politics, but I'm going to post it here and if need's be it may be transported to the Dark Room.

Anyway.

I had two FBI agents at my house on monday. I received a call at work around 2pm from the one of the agents, it came up on ID as "US GOV USPS" which I would read as US post office....strange to me. Anyway. They told me they were working on a "General" investigation. My brother is applying for a Federal Probation Officers job and is in the final stages of of the process so I thought they would be asking me questions about him as part of the background check but I was wrong.

They came over to my house at 5:35 (not promptly at 5:30 like I would expect from feds.) Anyway, they started asking me questions about my friend Josh.....flashback

Back in september Congressman Russ Carnahan's home was vandalized after his vote in favor of the first bailout. Also vandalized were six other conressman from Minnesota. Anyway, they came to my buddy Josh's house the week after it happened because he and my friend Bob had made a giant sign on a two shee's of plywood that said "Vote against Russ "Bailout" Carnahan" and taken it to the debate sponsored by the Missouri league of Women voters. They confiscated his PC for a week and ghosted the harddrive and when they showed up to my friend Bobs house their were five, count em, five agents. Note: Bob is a 50 year old concrete worker who wasnt politically involved before last year, nor was my friend Josh, he's 25.

The only reason I know these guys is because I met them during Ron Paul's presidential bid during the primaries. We organized with other folks in the St. Louis area and were successful in taking over the St. Louis city Republican Caucus. We would have taken the state were it not for some chicanery in the St. Charles area. Were now working in the state Repub party. I am the Vice Chair of the St. Louis Central Repub Committee and both Josh and Bob are now on the MO Repub. State Committee.

ANYWAY.

Heres what happened.

Josh filed a MO sunshine request for video tapes of Gov. Nixons office after the MIAC report on Militias in MO (Glenn Beck viewers know what I'm talking about, or just google it) was issued by the state troopers and the dept. of homeland security. Because Gov Nixon says the report was released without his knowledge even though his name is on it.

He filed his request at 10:30am and within two hours he was hearing from friends from highschool saying the FBI was showing up at their houses.

Also one of our friends that lives in St. Louis had a Ladue police detective show up asking the same questions (which brings in questions about jurisdiction and who was issuing order for investigation.)

So, saturday morning the four of us were on the radio being interviewed and Josh has also been called up and interviewed by no fewer than 7 media outlets.

It's getting a little wierd. We'll se where it goes, but I thought I would share.
MAJOR bummer man. that sucks. i'm pretty sure this will go on your permanent record :devilsidesmile:. I would also recommend that you don't tell them anything without a sopaena (sp?) until you get a lawyer.

·
Banned
19,436 Posts
after 9/11 (thanks to the patriot act) any chemicals that teh government deems dnagerous can be controlled as they see fit and the companies have no say so whatsoever. united scientific has seen a 40% drop in orders because the feds are crowding the buyers. United is required to report any purcahses of said chemicals by law. (once again the patriot act) so they WERE acting under the color of law despite whatever use i may have for the chemicals.

SW

·
Banned
10,225 Posts
after 9/11 (thanks to the patriot act) any chemicals that teh government deems dnagerous can be controlled as they see fit and the companies have no say so whatsoever. united scientific has seen a 40% drop in orders because the feds are crowding the buyers. United is required to report any purcahses of said chemicals by law. (once again the patriot act) so they WERE acting under the color of law despite whatever use i may have for the chemicals.

SW
yeah, but they can't tell you not to buy them in large quatities unless it is illegal. if i had the money, i would put in a regular order to be delivered once a month, just to keep them (the feds) busy.

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
[email protected]

The patriot act is such a bunch of garbage!
See what happens when everybody's pissed off, and are willing to do ANYTHING to have the same incident not happen again? I know if you give up liberty for security, you deserve neither... but man it sure sounded good... who doesn't like the word Patriot? or the movie "The Patriot"... if they would have named it "Unsolicited wiretap/harassment Bill" then we wouldn't have it in place... but alas the gov. knows what we want, we want to be patriotic... and we bought right into it.

·
Banned
10,225 Posts
[email protected]

The patriot act is such a bunch of garbage!
See what happens when everybody's pissed off, and are willing to do ANYTHING to have the same incident not happen again? I know if you give up liberty for security, you deserve neither... but man it sure sounded good... who doesn't like the word Patriot? or the movie "The Patriot"... if they would have named it "Unsolicited wiretap/harassment Bill" then we wouldn't have it in place... but alas the gov. knows what we want, we want to be patriotic... and we bought right into it.
really makes you think about that statement, "if i havent done anything thing wrong, i don't have anything to worry about". devilsjackpot didn't do anything except to know a guy, and now the FBI is knocking on his door, trying to trick him into saying something incriminating

·
Banned
19,436 Posts

SW
yeah, but they can't tell you not to buy them in large quatities unless it is illegal. if i had the money, i would put in a regular order to be delivered once a month, just to keep them (the feds) busy.
thanks to the patriot act the feds say that aresenic is a "dangerous substance" and any orders are subject to cancellation at any time if they feel you dont "need" said chemical. it doesnt matter what im going to do with it. the feds say i dont "need" it therefore im not getting it. they can veto just about any dangerous chemical purchase based on pretty much nothing unless its for a major corp thats buying it by the truckload. apprently casting shot now makes me a threat to the gov.

SW

·
Banned
10,225 Posts

SW
thanks to the patriot act the feds say that aresenic is a "dangerous substance" and any orders are subject to cancellation at any time if they feel you dont "need" said chemical. it doesnt matter what im going to do with it. the feds say i dont "need" it therefore im not getting it. they can veto just about any dangerous chemical purchase based on pretty much nothing unless its for a major corp thats buying it by the truckload. apprently casting shot now makes me a threat to the gov.

SW
wow....i stand corrected about throwing them the middle finger, i guess even though its not illegal, its still illegal, in a legal sort of way..... that sucks.

that reemphasizes my point above about not worrying if you aren't doing anything wrong.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.