Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
35,667 Posts
If someone has the money to get their own tank I have no problem with that (if they are not using it for tyranny or evil purposes.) You would not be allowed to drive it on public roads in normal situations.

I am guessing what you are saying is State governments should have access to nuclear weapons....
No, I meant individual citizens.
Same as how individuals owned and armed ships, supplied artillery and outfitted military units

Should have the right to "any firearm issued to or commonly carried by a soldier". Nuclear missiles are not commonly issued to or carried by a soldier, and before anyone says it... grenades are not classified as firearms and would not be covered under this.
No.
Is that just your idea of an acceptable point of compromise, or is that something you got elsewhere? No snark, just asking.

But...NO.

It says “arms” and “the people“, not “firearms“, and makes no mention of “commonly carried” nor of “soldiers”.
The Founders knew exactly what they were saying, and they said exactly what they meant.

A buddy of mine used to do security of the ships. They would get picked up in one country with their weapons and just before they arrived at the end port they would dump their weapons in to the ocean.
I watch a YouTube thing by a guy named Chief Makoi, he had a vid about that, but I think his guys were put on and taken off by a boat in international waters.
Same idea though...no guns in ports where you could end up in seriously bad jails. There’s enough corruption involved in just passing basic inspections, they commonly have to pay $5-10K per certain ports to get signed off, no matter how perfect their ship is.

Reactions: Rerun

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,804 Posts
The laws against keeping firearms on ships traveling in the ocean are ridiculous. Pirates love these laws as they make many vessels traveling in the oceans soft targets for robbery. Or they have to resort to stupid acts like the one you just mentioned like throwing their guns overboard to have protection.
How is it stupid? They are private contractors doing a job and following the laws of the country they are going to. The loss of the weapons are part of the contract.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,804 Posts
No, I meant individual citizens.
Same as how individuals owned and armed ships, supplied artillery and outfitted military units

No.
Is that just your idea of an acceptable point of compromise, or is that something you got elsewhere? No snark, just asking.

But...NO.

It says “arms” and “the people“, not “firearms“, and makes no mention of “commonly carried” nor of “soldiers”.
The Founders knew exactly what they were saying, and they said exactly what they meant.

I watch a YouTube thing by a guy named Chief Makoi, he had a vid about that, but I think his guys were put on and taken off by a boat in international waters.
Same idea though...no guns in ports where you could end up in seriously bad jails. There’s enough corruption involved in just passing basic inspections, they commonly have to pay $5-10K per certain ports to get signed off, no matter how perfect their ship is.
He was just picked up at a port friendly to his company and dropped of at the end of the line. Then the would fly back to the start point or home till a new assignment.

·
Premium Member
35,667 Posts
He was just picked up at a port friendly to his company and dropped of at the end of the line. Then the would fly back to the start point or home till a new assignment.
Yeah, I was just pointing out how there are other ways to do it. Tossing a few grand in guns is MUCH cheaper than keeping a boat on station.

·
Super Moderator
28,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I remember listening to a lecture CamoDeafie of a program that was talking about the possibilities of making Thorium nuclear reactors. We have a lot of Thorium in the United States (estimates put it as a power source that could be used in this nation for over 750 years). Reactors are not high pressure like many other nuclear power plants. At the same time, thorium reactors operate at standard atmospheric pressures, eliminating the need to have pressurized water. That reduces the risks of steam-based hazards and incidents.

Look at this five minute video on Thorium nuclear power possibilities:

I've been pimping for thorium reactors for years. I wish people would listen to us

Peace favor your sword (mobile)

Reactions: Rerun

·
Premium Member
3,090 Posts
How is it stupid? They are private contractors doing a job and following the laws of the country they are going to. The loss of the weapons are part of the contract.
I was not saying throwing their firearms over board to avoid being put in jail or fined is stupid, the laws are corrupt and stupid in most countries regarding private firearms.

·
Premium Member
3,090 Posts
I wish people would listen to us [about thorium reactors].
Which State representatives should we start writing on the subject? I think I am going to send that video I posted to my State House member. She reads my electronic mails and often responds.

Reactions: lklawson

·
Super Moderator
28,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Which State representatives should we start writing on the subject? I think I am going to send that video I posted to my State House member. She reads my electronic mails and often responds.
Why not all of them?

Peace favor your sword (mobile)

21 - 28 of 28 Posts